3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting Plans This Year.... What are yours?out of state? or stay home?  (Read 978 times)

Offline rolltidehunter

• Trad Bowhunter
beginning of septmeber i will be preparing fields to get ready for deer season. then do a little dove hunting. mid-september i will be going to alaska for my first trip to hunt caribou. i will miss the TN bow opener on the 26th hopefully i will be packing out some caribou meat and i wont even think about hunting back home! once i get home i will hunt TN through early january then hunt alabama through the 31st of JAN.

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Been to Florida twice this year so far, plan on Montana Fly fishing for 3 weeks, other than that it looks like NC deer hunting is all ill do this season.
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
I'll be staying in my home state and hunting locally mostly on the weekends.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
No out of state plans this year, going to spend 10 days in Papa Bears ole stomping grounds at the Mason track in Grayling and just hunt behind the house.
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Home state of Ohio for this year.
But looking at a 2013 trip for Javelinas down south.
Slickhead

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Not going away this year, just local and the Adirondacks. Next year I may be going to Missouri for a week. I have a friend out there who is getting me hooked up on his place! So this year it will areas with low deer density but very familiar!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hog hunting at the bacon strip,
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
Flyfishing Wyoming in a couple weeks.  Bird hunting South Dakota in November.  Everything else here at good ol' Missouri home.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Offline David Flanrey

• Trad Bowhunter
Gonna hunt alot at home and spend a week in Missouri on Kenny McKenzie's lease.

Offline 187BOWHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Im gina go up north here in Cal the Eureka area and hunt blackmail with the Stalker. I just ordered 52# limbs from South

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Looks like in state for me, but I am expanding out into the very limited public ground that is near our property. I am also going to try hunting off the ground for the first time, so that will be a new experience as well!
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
Nothing extraordinary.  I'll be hunting my regular areas around home, but also was invited to hunt some private property in Missouri during deer season this year.
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline Prairie dog

• Trad Bowhunter
I will spend a lot of time at my hunting lease this year chasing the local critters.  No plans to hunt out of State or take any trips.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
If I draw my elk area, I will be hunting them about 20 miles from home. Whitetails, turkey, and maybe antelope all within 10 minutes from the house.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Deer hunting in Michigan, maybe Bear if I draw a tag.  Georgia for hogs in feb. with the HH gang, and probably back to Ray's in SC at some point. Seeing as how I'm retiring in 2 mos. I'll have plenty of time and hopefully enough cash for my trips.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear in Maine in Sept.
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear in Maine, deer in SC.

Offline BowMIke

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear in Ontario 1st week of September. Then just whitetail hunting near home.

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Going to really concentrate on getting my first trad kill this year.  I've been shooting for two years now, but I've been in the field only a couple of times, mostly because I have not been entirely comfortable/confident until now.  It's on this year!

Also, planning a trip to Nebraska this year  ...  a little more "target rich environment" if you know what I mean.

Anyway, GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!!!
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Blueridge

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm going to try for my 2nd Bear in N.Ga. There has been a big one seen in my area that will go between
400-500 pounds.
Will deer hunt here at home as well.
I would like to get out west again for Elk before I get too old and out of shape.
Isaiah 1:18-20 Come now let us reason together, says the Lord.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©