3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting Plans This Year.... What are yours?out of state? or stay home?  (Read 980 times)

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
I have several thousand acres I haven't finished exploring yet. So, I'll be some where out there. Maybe once or twice by my Dad's place if I have time. What will I be shooting at? If it is in season, I'll take any shot I think I can make.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Greg Clark

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hunt around home as usual.

Hope to make it back to IL again for a week of deer hunting

Head to TX for hogs/javelina during winter - maybe with the Wensels

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
This year could be my most ambitious of bowhunting since I started in 1970.

My son and I are hunting Africa in early August. Then I'll commence my standard hunting season in Kentucky beginning Sept. 1st. When the World NASP tournament concludes in early October I'll make some trips to Indiana.

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Did two hog hunts in SC so far this year and going on a 11 day DIY back country Elk hunt in Colorado again in September. It is going to be a good year.
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline Matthew Bolton

• Trad Bowhunter
Deer/turkeys in middle and east Tennessee and maybe deer/hogs for a weekend in South Carolina

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
9 days after roosevelt elk in washington state early september, then back home to hunt whitetail in the river bottoms.
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
i didnt draw anything anywhere so just wyoming for me, except for birds and maybe deer in south dakota.  doubt ill go anywhere else this year.
is it September yet??

Offline Red Wilson

• Trad Bowhunter
Just deer locally. With all the fires, we'll see.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
May go for antelope, still kickin it around with my bro....

Other than that, maybe hunt some little bucks here in No MO, don't have the 4 pt rule anymore in this area....

Here is a pic for David from the last week of May on the lease....  :D  

Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
Nothing really set in stone at this time....
Would like to head to GA for a hog hunt maybe August/September; October will see whitetails here in VA; Also, hope to get in on the Sika hunt again this year at Chincoteague NWR in October; November will be dedicated to whitetails up through about Thanksgiving.  I usually take a break for a couple of weeks and hunt some around Christmas and New Year's.
Virginia has also started a winter turkey season that hits around the end of January.
Plan to do some small game hunting this year too.
February to March will probably see another trip to GA for hogs.  And, of course, April will be turkey time!
Hopefully have a date with one of these guys.

Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline rolltidehunter

• Trad Bowhunter
bowwild: africa sounds awesome

kennym: ooooooo nice picture!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I was invited on a fall bear hunt in NH. I would like that if it pans out.

Then its WI for a week to visit family and give a few days in the woods in old haunts.  Then NY for deer, Hopefully with friends.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
I will be hunting deer elk and MT. Goats close to home this year. I think its going to be a good year for me.

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
I'll be spending lots of time at my camp this fall. Next year it's back to Quebec for moose    :jumper:  
Fits the budget and vaction time better to go every other year. Even though i go in my mind.....
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
Pigs at Fort Stewart everytime I can manage to go. Bear in North Ga. the first week or so of Bow season then Deer and pigs on the local WMA`s around home.All with God Willing of course.RC

Offline toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
usual whitetail and turkey hunting, would like to get some more bowfishing in and go on a another hog hunt this year

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm planning on SW Nebraska on Sept. 15th.  Then home to IL for whitetail, pheasant and maybe turkey.  I'm entering that mentoring mode with my son so my IL season will be more about him than me.  Can't wait!

-Jeremy  :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Be moose hunting in Maine if I draw a tag on June 23@5PM Eastern time
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline rolltidehunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Keep em comin guys

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
I have two trips to Ray Hammond's planned, one in Oct and another in Feb. Other than that I'll be trying to find a deer here in PA.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©