3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting Plans This Year.... What are yours?out of state? or stay home?  (Read 977 times)

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
Last week of june - Bear
First part of July - Carp
Aug 3-13 BC for goat
Aug 18-24 back to Saskatchewan for elk/bear
mule and whitetail Deer in Saskatchewan for sept/oct
Wtdeer with friend from BC in early Nov.
pheasant in SK -in Dec.
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
I moved to Illinois 4 yrs ago just for the deer hunting. So if I go anywhere this season it'll be across the road to try some private land..although that may require cranking the truck. So I'll probably just hunt Shawnee National Forest on this side.

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
I'll be happy have a normal year of local hunting for birds & deer.

Offline doowop

• Trad Bowhunter
Deer at home in Illinois, hogs in Oklahoma.

Offline Todd Greenwald

• Trad Bowhunter
Solo Backpaking for Elk for 2-3 weeks in Colorado, then Michigan deer & turkey. Then anything else that I can hunt with my longbows!
Michigan Longbow Association
USMC 1992-2000

I went to Australia on a red deer hunt in March and am going to Colorado for elk in September so I guess I fit in the "out of state" category for this year.

Bisch

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
Staying home and hunting Colorado like usual. Taking vacation first and last week of elk season and my normal days off in between I will hunt, work 12hr shifts and only work 7 out of every 14 days so should get in about 3 weeks of hunting, if we tag early then we will go on regular vacation stuff and visit friends, kind of makes me not want to tag out early. Then hunting deer from early October to end of December or so on the plains. Should be a fun year.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline Richie

• Trad Bowhunter
Staying home. Two tags each for different areas. One starts in July the other starts last week of September and continues to Dec. 31.
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'll be staying in Idaho for Turkey, Elk, Bear, and Deer (muley/whitetail)...but am really trying to line up a hog and/or javi hunt somewhere south of here!

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline troutremble

• Trad Bowhunter
Backpacking into a wilderness area here in CO for elk, every weekend then a nine day trip to finish the season if nessasary. I also have an either sex plains deer tag that runs from Oct through the end of the year. Got to take my boys rifle hunting for elk as well, I'm just guiding that one but will have my bow with me for any squirrell or grouse we run across. I just finished a new osage bow too, cant wait to harvest something with a bow I actually made.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Adam and I will hunt Elk in NE Utah just south of the ID border. Coupla' scouting trips in the summer and then Hog hunt here in CA through the fall and winter.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Im going to try to make a South Carolina hunt for hogs after talking about it for a couple years.  Maybe to Ga a time or two as well.  Definately Texas for the Solana hunt. Finally, I am going to try to give my home state a better effort than I have in years past.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline stiknstringer

• Trad Bowhunter
Delaware, Maryland, and Pa deer and also taking the dogs out late Jan. & Feb for rabbits.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'll stay close to home again this year as usual.
Sam

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Sam McMichael:
I'll stay close to home again this year as usual.
Sam, we need to share a camp together some time, man.  Find us something to explore half way or something.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline medic77

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Going to Texas in November for hogs, deer, and Javis but the rest of the days will be spent in the Missouri deer woods.  Can't wait.
You're Off to Great PLACES!
      Today is YOUR day!
You're MOUNTAIN is Waiting.
  So....Get on Your WAY!  - Dr. Seuss

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I will hunt mostly private land near my home and the Uwharrie Game Lands one mile from my home. I work for four days then off four days, 11 hour shifts. Most of my days off Sept thru Nov will be spent in the woods.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
I will stay at home. My new lease starts behind my home. It's 3000 acres. Loaded with turkeys and a few trophy deer. Its nice to be able to walk out your back door and be in good hunting. A few of the members on the lease have some brutes on game cameras. The lease borders Lay Lake and has plenty of hardwood ridges and bottom land that is loaded with whiteoaks.. It also have some cutover at different stages from 1 year cut to five year cuts. Deer love these cutovers. We planted some biologic spring/summer mix as well as corn. We are going to plant radishes and biologic winter grass. We are also thinking instead of a 6 point rule to 8 point rule. Most everyone are for some big deer to shoot. We can kill does for meat as they need thinning out to get a good buck/doe ratio. Its the best lease I have been in in years.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Other than a five day trip to the adirondaks at a good friends place I will be in the local woodlots and public land.Hopefully I can squeeze some hog hunting in if I visit the inlaws in Fla

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
If I can mend myself, which has been 7 months of misery now...I'll shoot for a black bear in Maine with my 3 kids, then local whitetails.
David M. Conroy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©