3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ILF rest set up questions.  (Read 138 times)

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
ILF rest set up questions.
« on: June 15, 2012, 08:05:00 PM »
I just purchased a Das Dalaa and I have a question for you metal riser shooters out there. My bow is set up with a shorty plunger button and a champion II flipper rest.

My question is how do you guys quiet the button face so when the arrow is drawn its quiet for hunting. I was able to use heat shrink wrap on the flipper so that's  good but, I'm not sure what to do with the button face. I would think if I tried to stick felt or something to it, it would just fall off.

I have to say I am very impressed with how nice this bow shoots. I am used to shooting my widows so I'm kind of out of my element with elevated rest set ups. So any advise would be great. Glen

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ILF rest set up questions.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »
I glued a piece of moleskin on my plunger button...works great!

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
I use felt on mine, just cut a little bigger than the face of the plunger and fold over to the sides, could also try teflon tape, it may stick better although I haven't had a problem with the felt

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
Felt works fine

Offline bucksakemmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 09:35:00 PM »
I take a paper hole punch and punch a hole in velcro which gives me a round disk with sticky on the back

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
I have done the felt and the velcro deal....both work!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
Thanks for the ideas guys. I ended up using a small leather punch and a very thin piece of leather that I had on hand. One small drop of super glue on the Berger button and it's whisper quiet now. I'm really liking this Das bow, it is vary accurate. Looks like my other bows may collect dust for awhile. LOL

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©