3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: tent question  (Read 118 times)

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
tent question
« on: June 15, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
I am sort of wanting to get into the pre-1840 Rendzvous scene and was wondering about canvas wedge tents. Do any of you guys use them for hunting camp? If so, how do they work for you? I'd like to hear both pros and cons. I can better justify the purchase if it can serve double duty. Thanks.
Sam

Offline Prairie dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: tent question
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
They work just fine for a hunting camp.

The bell back has the advantage of more interior space and better protection in wind and rain.

The regular wedge is better in hot weather as it can be opened up at both ends or one side raised as a lean-to.  

Be sure it has a sod flap and that the door flaps over lap well when tied closed.

Edit for photos:

This is my 9X10 wedge the first time I set it up.  This style tent is correct for the Rocky Mountain fur trade era.

I did shorten the poles to put the sod flap on the ground.  

It is plenty roomy for one person and will sleep two comfortably.  Along with a separate rain fly and a portable propane heater it makes a very comfortable winter camp.

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
A good number of yrs ago, i had one, loaned it out and never got it back, great tents. I agree with Prairie Dog, the bell has its advantages, also i would get one of the larger models with room enough for a stove and have a stove hole added. They are a very simple design that is time tested.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
This one is 13' diameter

I can set it up on my own no problem

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©