3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bowquiver/spinevalue  (Read 196 times)

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
Bowquiver/spinevalue
« on: June 16, 2012, 02:16:00 AM »
if you attach a bowquiver to your bow, does this affect the spinevalue of your arrow? I read somewhere you should go 5 lbs lower in spine with a boa.
I want to use the Thunderhorn Small Fry Boa, which weighs 10 oz inclusive arrows.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bowquiver/spinevalue
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 04:27:00 AM »
I wouldn't think it would unless you put wrap around mounts in a working section of the limb.

...but I'm not REALLY sure...
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 04:58:00 AM »
The quiver is attached with rubber straps just at the fade-out area of the limbs
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 06:51:00 AM »
about 30 years ago I wrote a research paper about this. I have long since misplaced it. there were several studies that showed without a doubt tat attachhing a quiver caused changes in the harmonic vibrations in the bow that affected tuning. They were not big changes. Would it make you miss a deer, probably not, but if using a bow quiver in contests you should definitely tune your bow with the quiver on. The number of arrows in the quiver also changed things vey slightly

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »
On my Hill style bows it makes a big difference, my Shrews dont seem to care.

Eric

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
It seems to matter most on bows with light risers and not cut close to center.  As the arrow is released, it presses against the side of the shelf and moves the bow slightly.  The added weight of the quiver reduces how much the bow moves, so now the arrow has more bow to get around, which requires a bit softer spine.  Anymore, I paper tune with the quiver on or off, depending on how I'm gonna shoot.  With my longbows cut 1/8+ out, it will make 3-5 lbs spine difference.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
For a right hand shooter, arrows sometimes will shoot to the left. Just raise your brace hight up until your arrows are shooting true.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 10:49:00 PM »
this is interesting.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 02:01:00 AM »
indeed
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 09:19:00 AM »
In my admittedly small sample of bows I've not seen a difference.....only change I've seen is that the added mass of the quiver/arrows can tone down handshock/vibrations a little.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©