3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: leasing  (Read 245 times)

Offline Rick Perry

• Trad Bowhunter
leasing
« on: June 16, 2012, 07:19:00 PM »
anyone familiar with a company call Base Camp Leasing ?

I own 200 acres of great deer habitat in south central Illinois . I have really slowed down my hunting over the last 4-5 years (I'm 57 ) . I used to hunt like my life depended on it but not so much anymore . Add to that the fact that I have had back surgery and a hip replacement in the last 6 months ,so anyway I'm giving serious thought to leasing my land out for part of the season this fall.

I have no experience whatsoever with leasing , I dont know how much $ I can expect to be paid or what else to expect from a lease arrangement.

Anyone have any experiences ( good or bad ) with leasing in general or with this company . Any comments or opinions would be appreciated
"Pick a spot"

RLP

Offline karrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: leasing
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:43:00 PM »
in my area most land is leased or land owners have paying hunters in during the season. its hard to find a place to hunt. i guess if you need the extra income leasing would be a good option,  but surely you have a buddy that needs a place to hunt. or maybe you know a young hunter that is looking for place. im just not a fan of leasing. that my opinion. good luck   :thumbsup:
Kevin Day

Offline Benjy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 07:51:00 PM »
Rick, There is probably someone here that would love to help you out with that.

You could put this over in the Trade A Hunt in the classifieds. I'm sure it will get alot of attention right here though!
TGMM Family of the Bow
ZIPPER NITRO 64" LONGBOW 50#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   60" RECURVE 52#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   64" LONGBOW 71#@29"

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 08:11:00 PM »
It used to be $6 to $10 an acre depending on if it had any bird hunting.
It may be higher now.
The advantage of leasing to a small party is you have better control.
Leasing to a outfit the folks showing up you have no control over usually.
Advertising here or even on something like the PBS website would get you of
Is that thought along the same lines such as bowhunting only.
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
I don't care for the whole leasing thing....My Problem; however...

There are lots of things you may need help with/done while you recuperate; and lots of Illini here that may be willing and able to trade work for hunting privileges.

I do wish you good health and luck.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Offline Peckerwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »
Maybe you could offer trespass fee hunting to Trad Gang members.  I have hunted with a number of TG members and haven't met a bad one yet.
NO matter where you go there you  are !

Offline dpg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 09:43:00 PM »
PM sent.

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »
I would stay away from base camp. I won't go into details on a public forum but if I was you I would lease to an individual. You will be happier.
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
I would not lease it out to a outfitter for several rsons I wont get in to on here. On the other hand do you have any nephews or young ppl in yor family looking to get into bow huning let them hunt it and you can help them and have better control of the ground

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »
Rick. You don't need to go through base camp. If you put an add in the paper you will have guys knocking your door down.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
Originally posted by Peckerwood:
Maybe you could offer trespass fee hunting to Trad Gang members.  I have hunted with a number of TG members and haven't met a bad one yet.
Bill has a good idea here. I've had ZERO problems while offering a trad only lease here in MO. Nearly all hunters were Trad Gangers.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Rick Perry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »
I've never really been a fan of leasing but sometimes opinions change over time .

I have let other hunters on my farm in the past and without fail it has been a headache at best. People just dont always live up to promises they make when the are asking for permission for free hunting and that has led to hard feelings and lost friendships. Promises of free labor with food plots and habitat improvement usually turn out to be just that ------ PROMISES  ----- actually showing up is rare.

It is now my opinion that if I am going to deal with the headaches I am going to get paid for the trouble .

I have managed this property for wildlife since I bought the first acreage in 1995 . QDM practices have been in place since day one . Bucks in the 130-150 range are commonly seen and 150-170+are also here although it is no surprise that they are less numerous . Most of the surrounding neighbors follow the QDM ideas as well.

This farm consists of 200 acres with approx 30 in CRP . The balance is timber and brushland that is ideal wildlife habitat. There are
3 ponds on the property and a creek passes thru one corner .There are food plots that have been managed yearly since day one planted to soybeans and ladino clover . Turnips oats and rye are also sometimes planted in the fall. It is my opinion that there is no better habitat in the state of Ill. There are some that are as good but none better
"Pick a spot"

RLP

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©