3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Money for carbon arrows arrived, Help!!!  (Read 499 times)

Offline Fidelios

• Trad Bowhunter
Money for carbon arrows arrived, Help!!!
« on: June 19, 2012, 12:09:00 PM »
I just got my tax return money and I have the money to buy Some GT's! But the only GT's available here in the UK are sold by Merlin archery and were made by GT for BearPaw. I rang 3Rivers and they were very helpful (as usual, top marks) and would really like to buy them from them.But the thing is, it is 30 dollars something just in shipment costs..and the wife gave me the evil eye straight away...
So I'm left with these GT's that were produced for BearPaw but that apparently have a poor finish since the wood pattern seems to wear off when stump shooting, if I am to rely on the review they have on their product review section. I don't know what to do...I really want to order the carbons..I've been waiting for months for that money to come!!!    :help:
My grandfather was a hunter in Africa. He remembered every single animal he harvested. He is my reference.
Bodnik Big Bear #50
Bodnik Kodiak Hunter #50 @28
Samick Spikeman #50 pounds @29.5
Samick Equus #45 pounds @ 28
Ragim Wolf #45 @ 28

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Money for carbon arrows arrived, Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:17:00 PM »
You need to take control of your women! Give me your address and I'll send her a good ol' "How to respect your Kentucky man" video. Our preachers hand them out to our aspiring brides at the rehearsal dinners. They are on VHS though so if thats a problem we will see what the next tradganger comes up with. Here's a clip from the movie...

P.S. my VHS gave out a few months back so I am hoping they make copies soon on a DVD before I lose control of my women. I have to set her down to watch it at less every three months.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »
Check Big Jim's Website--he usually has them and at a better price.

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »
Get a hold to BigJim and see what he can do. The shipping, on a pair of limbs, I ordered from the UK was $25.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 12:43:00 PM »
Arrow Dynamics tapered carbon....a great arrow.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline TomBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 01:27:00 PM »
KentuckyTJ--NICE!!  Lemme know how much recuperation time there is after she sews you up in the bed sheets while your sleepin' and beats ya with a broom!  Arf, Arf, you Dawg!!   :knothead:
Best of Luck!

Toelke Whip "MTB" 62", 53#@28
'65 K-Mag 52", 58@28
'53 Bear Cub longbow, 64" 60#@28

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
I ain't skeered of her!
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by KentuckyTJ:
  I ain't skeered of her!
I'm callin you out as I've seen that act!  But on a serious note....I need my video back!
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 03:13:00 PM »
Mike, we really should send it to Fidelios. He's a Brother in bad need. Your wife just gets sassy when she drinks. I can't send him my copy, I got married so long ago mine is on 8mm and I know he doesn't have a projector for it.
www.zipperbows.com

Offline Fidelios

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »
Loooooooooool!! Thank for the advice eheh I tried to ring Big Jim but it went to the answering machine..He maybe gone to hunt bears..
My grandfather was a hunter in Africa. He remembered every single animal he harvested. He is my reference.
Bodnik Big Bear #50
Ragim Wolf #45 @ 28

Offline Fidelios

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
But the GT's take a good beating don't they Joe Skip? I break loads of arrows...
Bodnik Big Bear #50
Ragim Wolf #45 @ 28

Offline Fidelios

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
Yeah, rang Big Jim and the price for shipping is too high..it comes to the same price I will get for the BearPaw ones plus inserts, feathers, different gr points, glue and other bits and bobs..what a shame ..damn shipping charges..I would love to buy from him...buaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Bodnik Big Bear #50
Ragim Wolf #45 @ 28

Offline Fidelios

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »
Not too high because it's Jim fault,though. It's standard price.
Bodnik Big Bear #50
Ragim Wolf #45 @ 28

Offline TomBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
Sorry brudder!  Guess that's what you get for livin' in the YUKE!  So the shipping is going to cost you 1/3 what the shafts cost??  Crimeny!

Teeje--Good thing ya ain' skeered!  She'll probably just use a dust broom. easier to "load up" for the power stroke.  and it will take her a while to tire out.  Good luck my fellow caveman!
Best of Luck!

Toelke Whip "MTB" 62", 53#@28
'65 K-Mag 52", 58@28
'53 Bear Cub longbow, 64" 60#@28

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 12:46:00 AM »
I may need to borrow that video....and cut my hair so she has less to grab?..   :bigsmyl:
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 02:37:00 AM »
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 03:27:00 AM »
I wanted to suggest the same as Flying Dutchman.
we got a bunch of shops with all kinds of trad stuff here. Only tips over 145grain or BHs or some special items are hard to get.

Send you a PM also.

Also, if you have problems with german webshops/the language, i can get things together and ship em to you. Ill make sure that the shipping costs are as low as possible and since both are Euro-zone therell be no custom charges.

Another thing is, with the Bearpaw shafts you gotta keep in mind they have two different kinds of shafts with wood finish.

One is identical to the GT Trad (except they are alittle darker finish and all come in 32,5" length) this is the Bearpaw Timber Stick and as far as i know it has no problem with the finish The other, wich has the problem with the finish is the Penthalon wood grain or the like, its a very thin shaft with spines from 1300 to 600 and is mainly for kids, or olympic shooters.

If i can help in any way please feel free to contact me!
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 03:29:00 AM »
AD's take a hell of a beating also. I rate them better than GT.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 05:47:00 AM »
T.J,
 I thought that was the wife with the club in the hand and didn't you use to have long hair like that?   Is that "DINO" in that pic from the Flintstones?....Take it from a man who's been around a while "You fellas know if your wive's read this you are all loosing your "Tradgang viewing privliges" Except meeeeee...    :laughing:

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »
Du Axel,

du bist ein guter Bursche!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©