3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caribow Silver Fox Shooters  (Read 1330 times)

Online Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Caribow Silver Fox Shooters
« on: January 16, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »
I have a 62 inch, 55# @ 28 CariBow Silver Fox on the way that I picked up off the classifieds.  I shot one at Kalamazoo last year and it made a great impression in the short while I could play with it.  I am hoping some of you have had longer pleasant experiences with them and I would like to hear them.

Dave

Offline Brian P.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Caribow Silver Fox Shooters
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »
Well, if your anything like me, your gonna fall in  love.

I have a pair of Silver Fox bows I bought from Abe. 1 "off the rack" at Cloverdale 05, and 1 I ordered all decked out.

I think the grip is one of the best out there. It fits me great, at least. His workmanship is some of the best out there, and it seems to be really quick. I dont get hung up on numbers but alot of folks at shoots have commented on it being fast. Dont know, dont care.

I like an arrows of at least 10 gr per pound and have shot them up to about 13 gr per pound. The Silver Fox handles them all well.

No handshock that I can tell, light in the hand, quick, and pretty. What more could you want?

BP
"As a rule, nothing does an arrow so much good as to shoot it, and nothing so much harm as to have it lie inactive and crowded in the quiver"   Saxton Pope

Offline mbbushman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
I have had mine for a year now, just got a second set of limbs for it a week ago. I really like it, like Brian said, fast, quiet,pretty, all that good stuff. And it's a whole lot more accurate than I am so far. I don't think you'll be dissapointed with yours.

Online Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 07:15:00 AM »
Thanks guys.  Any more?  I thought there might be more Silver Fox shooters out there.

Dave

Online Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 07:45:00 PM »
Well I got the bow today and it is a beauty!  Flawless condition and fits me very well.  It also looks like it will really shoot my 65-70 Sitka Spruce arrows.  I just wish I could hunt with it now!  I guess the stumps will take a beating for a while.

Dave

Offline Brian P.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »
Both of mine like 65-70 spine with a 160 gr head. I have been shooting GT 5575 this year though. Easton/Beeman 400's do pretty well also.

Is the one you picked up the Goncalo Alves/ Pau Ferro riser bow I saw listed somewhere? If so, I have the same combination in one of mine with quilted maple veneers.

BP
"As a rule, nothing does an arrow so much good as to shoot it, and nothing so much harm as to have it lie inactive and crowded in the quiver"   Saxton Pope

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©