3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Archery Gals  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Archery Gals
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »
That's awesome Terry
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
Good stuff Terry!
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Barker45

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 04:16:00 PM »
How old were your daughters when they first started shooting?  My daughter is only 2.5 and I'm already looking to get her a bow in the next couple of years.  I just got the wife a 30# Samick sage and she is having a blast.  For Father's day we went to our local Izzak Walton League and had the archery range and woods all to ourselves! What a great family sport! Any reccomendations on a youth bow for a girl?
Die Prügel geht weiter, bis die Moral sich verbessert!

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »
TJ.
This year 3,199 young ladies shot in the NASP nationals -- Grades 4-12.  World-wide, about 1,025,000 young ladies partricipated in NASP this past year.

The NASP world record is 298 out of 300. This record is co-held by 3 bows and 1 girl.  Archery doesn't care what gender a person is.

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
I have posted several times as my daughter has embraced traditional archery and how she has grown in the short 6 months since that time. She has been shooting a bow for about a year now. She started with training wheels last June, requested a longbow for Christmas.

She got a Tolke Tadpole last year for CHristmas at the age of 11.

The 19# R/D bow lasted a couple of months before she found a Hill bow she wanted.

Then just a couple of weeks ago we went to the Hill Classic. While by back was turned picking up some arrows I had ordered the week before. I hear Bella talking to my friend Steve Turay in his booth behind me. I turn around and shortly realize that Steve has built and is giving my daughter a 62" Northern Mist Classic, 39#@26" longbow that is an EXACT copy of the longbow he custom built for me last year. Talk about a role model for a child to look up to!!!!

That proud, grinning from ear to ear, 11 year old girl then proceeded to give me and Jim Quinn (Tower Climber) a run for our money on the 3d course. She shot a 162 with a new bow, and she refused to shoot from the youth stake. That was scored from the ladies stake. I shot a 199 and later shot the one shot one kill stake and she beat me handily. You think I cared??

Several weeks ago I posted an article about our journey together so far in Traditional Archery. You can find it here   The Tinder to Build a Fire . I hope you will enjoy it. There is also another article that has some additional shots taken from the SE Hill Classic on the site as well.

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:
 Sarah\\'s Clips - Click Here  
Those are all very cool Terry!   :thumbsup:

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
Tom, I apologize I got carried away and forgot to add. My daughter has a Pearson Bronco Recurve, its 30#@26" I believe. She has only shot it a few times, just liked longbows better. I would be willing to put it in a tube and send it you you for your daughter to give it a whirl.

It is my daughters but I do not think she would mind. Not really looking to sell it but if your daughter was to really like it I am sure we could figure something out. I am sure my daughter would like having a little cash lying around to spend at the next 3d event we go to.

Let me know if you would like to let her try it out.

Regards,

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »
Sounds good to me Thanks Steve, I'll send you a pm tonight.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »
Here are a few of the lady that keeps Zipper on the strait and narrow.

My all time favorite hunting picture

Offline ibehiking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
I have a friend with an old Ben Pearson Colt 25#@28", AMO 62" that he might be willing to sell. Would that be of interest?

Jeff

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »
Bill,
As my son and I were walking past your booth at Cloverdale this year your wife was nearby and I remarked to Nigel, "That is one dangerous woman, there."  
Wish I had 1/2 the success she has.    :thumbsup:

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
Well Dunn Bill! Bet either of you could go on twice the number...oh well maybe not! Inside joke folks! Pretty cool stuff!
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »
Here is a picture of the only Archery Gal in my life. However I am giving a bow to a 13 year old Girl for her birthday this weekend.  I had her shooting a 30 # Bear Cat last year at the farm and out of the blue this year she asked her dad for a cool bow like Uncle Charlie's for her Birthday and not one like dads     :readit:    . To say I was tickled was an understatement.

Those pictures are to follow after this coming weekend.

Becka Shoots a 1955 Bear Kodiak Special, 35lbs@ 28".  In the bowfishing pictures she is using a  1969 Bear Grizzly 43 lbs @ 28".

Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
a few More.  One thing that drives me nuts is every time we shoot at a 3D event, someone always thinks her form is goofy.   I think her Form is perfect in 2 ways   :readit:   .  My new answer to them is, she isn't asking for help.  she just enjoys being able to come out and shoot from time to time. Besides, I know better than to tell her what to do   ;)  

Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline JJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
My wife has shown an interest in traditional archery this year, here she is checking out her new bow.
-Jay

Offline bkyrdshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
Cyclic-Rivers,

My girlfriend shoots and has almost the exact same form as your archery gal. I have tried to give a little advice here and there thinking I know what I'm doing  LOL, but then I realize she is with me and sharing a hobby I truly enjoy so I just do what I should always do and keep my opinions to myself (mouth shut) and just smile and take it all in.
  The first time we shot a 3D course together she couldn't believe how well she did. After that she has been with me every time. My daughter is the same way. Got them both involed and had them make their own arrows. I started something I can't wait to continue.

I love it!!
"Energy and Persistence Conquer All Things"   Benjamin Franklin

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »

This is my daughter, Hannah.  This picture was taken a while ago.  She is 13 now.

Hannah again, a little younger.

My wife, Renee.

Hannah's birthday bouquet several years ago.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »
Enjoy it guys, my "baby" is 33 and lives in NYC!!
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »

Hers's my daughter and I on top of Ski Denton Hill. She has been going and shooting with me for 12 years and we get a picture on top of the hill every year. She's 19 now and getting a part time job while in college and needed to know the dates for Denton Hill so she could take them off this year   :)
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©