3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Archery Gals  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Archery Gals
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »
Selfbow19953, you and I are in the same boat. My daughter moved to Brooklynn, NY several years ago, and I don't think she will ever move South again. As for my wife of 39 years (as of next Saturday), I've had no luck there either. Her reply to my efforts to get her to shoot the bow was that if I didn't make her go to the archery range, she wouldn't make me go to the mall. I felt obliged to accept that offer.

All you other guys are so lucky to have girls who want to shoot with you! Please be sure to make sure they understand just how grateful you are for their desire to share your wonderful hobby. You are lucky men.
Sam

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »
Very cool Bob!
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Spitfire Htr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »
Member # 36227

posted May 28, 2012 05:47 PM                        
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought I would post up a pic of my 16 year old daughter shooting an old 44# @ 28" Groves Magnum that I found in an old barn loft. By the way, this is only her second time shooting a trad bow and she is hitting full anchor for a full 2 seconds before release. Not to bad , huh. I thnk she may be a natural.

Groves Mag II 66# @ 28",          Groves Mag II 55# @ 28",           Groves Magnum 44# @ 28"

Offline Brazos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
My daughter is 7, will be 8 in September, and would like to get her started.  I do have a question though.  She is right handed but I am fairly certain she is left eye dominate.  If this is the case should I teach her to shoot left handed?

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2012, 10:12:00 PM »
Brazos my son is left handed but right eye dominant.  He shoots right handed. Don't know if this helps.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Brazos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
Thanks.  I am 100% left handed so I can't relate.  My thinking is she would be better off shooting left handed as she is a clean slate and doesn't know any better.

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »
Brazos , when we teach the kids to shoot we check their dominate eye by having them stand a couple of feet away and extend their arm and point their index finger at my nose. It is usually easy to see which eye they re using.
I have a right handed grandson who has a left eye dominate.
He tried to shoot righty but shot way to the side. Tried lefty and was in line with the first shot.
Since I make their bows it was not a problem.
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »
Here is my daughter  Click on the image to start the video

And my wife  This is a video.  Click on the image to start the video

USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
The Ranger's Apprentice books by John Flanagan are good stories with plenty of archery in them.

Offline CHENRYIV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »
Picked up a Samick Angel for my 2 year old birthday.  She starting to get the hang of it.

The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and he bends with his might that his >>--> may go swift and far.

Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »
Originally posted by Brazos:
My daughter is 7, will be 8 in September, and would like to get her started.  I do have a question though.  She is right handed but I am fairly certain she is left eye dominate.  If this is the case should I teach her to shoot left handed?
Hannah is right handed but left eye dominant.  I switched her to a left handed bow as soon as I figured that out.  It was a great move.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
In our 4H archery club I have had good results with the RH / left eye dominant kids just by keeping both eyes open when they shoot.
YMMV tho...

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
Hear's some my daughter Mattie who is going to be eleven this Aug.

Mattie's bow is a 1964 Kodiak 33#

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2012, 01:23:00 PM »
TJ, I have a 30# recurve that would be good for her, let you have it for $90. Let me know if you are intrested ,i'll bring it to the KTBA shoot this weekend.
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2012, 01:45:00 PM »
Pm sent Randy. Thanks!

Doug, great photo's. Really like the one with the turkey and her with your big coat on. That will be nice to look at in 30 years for you both.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline kcbrown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
I always get a picture of my wife and me at the last target on the practice range of Cloverdale. Becs neice Sam is with us.
She said " did you see that?" He said "Of course!!!" She said " Why did you step in it then?"

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by doug77:
Hear's some my daughter Mattie who is going to be eleven this Aug.

Looks like a stone killa right there!
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline kcbrown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »
Opps there it is

She said " did you see that?" He said "Of course!!!" She said " Why did you step in it then?"

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
My wife shoots with me at almost every 3d shoot ( and she is a girlie girl for sure)

and one of her and Gunner as a pup

Offline Brazos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
The post above got me distracted (fine form does that), but thanks for all the eye dominance advice.  I will determine if she is left eye dominate and right handed.  If she is left eyed dominate I will go the left hand route.  May need a kids bow with a duel shelf and let her figure it out.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©