3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Archery Gals  (Read 1382 times)

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Archery Gals
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Brazos:
My daughter is 7, will be 8 in September, and would like to get her started.  I do have a question though.  She is right handed but I am fairly certain she is left eye dominate.  If this is the case should I teach her to shoot left handed?
Left eye dominant youd want to shoot left.  My son does most thing righty but shot horribly righty til we realized he was left eye dominant.  Lefty bow he shoots a lot better!

Here is my little lady shooter!  (in action)

More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »

My 14 yr old daughter at her first 3D shoot at the 2012 TN Classic.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline Brazos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
I tested my daughter, and my wife, again tonight.  As it turns out they are both right handed and left eye dominate.  I am going to test my daughter a few more times to be sure.  Sometimes you just can't get a straight answer out of a 7 year old.  It was hard enough figuring out my 35 year old wife was left eye dominate.  Best I could tell she is to.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »
A method I often use when checking out kids on shotgunning is to have them point their index finger right at my eye and I can look right back down their finger and see which of their eyes aligns with their finger. It's easy for them to fake it if you have them do the testing (looking through a small hole and moving the hole back to their eye, or pointing at something and telling you if it moves when they close one of their eyes).
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2012, 12:23:00 AM »
I just got started learning a short time ago. We were out checking out an old antique store one day and my daughter came running up to me with a big smile on her face and a bow in her hand.  She found an old Bear Green Bow that was 25# at28.  She was so excited that she could actually draw the bow.  She has not put it down since and HAS to go out with me every time I practice!  It's great to see the concentration on her face.  She loves to tell me how many more Bullseyes she gets than DAD!  Now I have to get her a bow made for someone her size.  Most of her arrows just bounce off the bag. She does not care, but loves it when she sticks one!!!  Here she is!

"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2012, 12:43:00 AM »
I wish i could get my wife to shoot more. but she does a couple 3D shoots a year with me, and I can live with it.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
The easiest way to check a youngster's eye dominance is to give them and empty paper towel roll--or just roll up a sheet of papaer--and have them look through it like a telescope.  It will go right to the dominant eye without thinking about it.  Don't ask, don't suggest....just hand them the "telescope".  The more you get them thinking about it the more confused they'll get.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2012, 04:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kirkll:
I wish i could get my wife to shoot more. but she does a couple 3D shoots a year with me, and I can live with it.

My wife does the same, also same for hunting. im just happy she come along at times too. i think i can get her out more now that we have the little one cause im getting a back back thing to carry him along. she like us going places together. hopefully that will get her to come more.     :D
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »
My favorite shooting buddy  :)

Fletching her first arrow:

Backyard Shooting:

At the 3d:

Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
Hey Kirk, is that you running at the other end of the field lol.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
Kirk's picture are larger than 640 pixels wide but if any of you admins delete them you are not a red blooded American!!! Just sayin'
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »
ooooops!  I resized them guys...

Offline ozzyshane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2012, 05:28:00 AM »
Hey guys what bow weight and arrow set up are  your girls/wifes using when they are hunting Thanks Sahne

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2012, 07:42:00 AM »
Great idea OzzyShane. Guys if you don't mind could you edit your post and put your gal's bow specs with them. It would be a great benefit to someone like me who is looking for a bow for his daughter that has no idea what poundage to get her.

Thanks!
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2012, 04:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by KentuckyTJ:
Kirk's picture are larger than 640 pixels wide but if any of you admins delete them you are not a red blooded American!!! Just sayin'
:biglaugh:    :nono:
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »
My pride and joy

"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
I have really enjoyed these pic's.  All of the ladies in these pics, both young and older are really special.  Anyone thought of a Trad Gang St. Judes calendar?  There would probably be enough pics donated for many calendars.  Could be one of the boy's(young and old)of trad archery also.  Maybe raise a few bucks for the kids. I don't have any idea what it would cost to have them made. Of course only with permission from the participants.
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »

My oldest and most spoiled stumpin with me today down by one of the ponds.  Do you think she likes Pink?  :scared:  
MadDog Pup 24#@25"
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline Alvey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2012, 09:49:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
Hard work spotlights the character of people:some turn up their sleeves,some turn up their noses,and some don’t turn up at all.(Sam Ewing)

Online LYONEL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2012, 05:13:00 AM »
My youngest at the weekends 3D shoot using a club hire bow.

This is the new bow we should have in a couple of weeks, can't wait to get them both together.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©