3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt 2012. Success!!!  (Read 5006 times)

Offline Shane C

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt 2012. Success!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 10:47:00 PM »
This sounds like fun. I'm moving to Toledo in a month and a half so, finding places to hunt is going to be nice. If I can get away from school for a weekend I will try to make the drive down there and join you guys. I'd take a large t-shirt. How much are they?
Wes Wallace Mentor 60" 64@31
Wes Wallace Mentor 64" 50@28
Brush Creek Bows 3-piece longbow 64" 48@28

PBS associate

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »
Shane,
PM sent. If you can make it that would be good. Is your move to Toledo permanent?

Squaretop,

Welcome back to trad archery! Hopefully you make it out this Fall. Are you thinking of flying to Ohio?

-Charlie

Offline Squaretoparcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
Charlie, I'm thinking P.A.  I'll be Elk hunting with some P.A. buddies in Colorado this fall and will give them my Ohio camping gear to take back. That way I just bring my bow and clothes and either rent or borrow a vehicle to meet you guys. My niece lives in Columbus so I might be able to  visit there as well.  
lu
IF THERE'S ONE WISH that I have in life, it's to connect, to connect to my children, connect to my wife, connect to my friends, to connect to you. On my tombstone, I'd like it to say: "He tried to connect".
--Mandy Patinkin

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2012, 01:00:00 PM »
Having your gear in PA would make life easier.

I would like to get out to Colorado for an elk hunt one of these days myself. My understanding is, it is one of the most affordable places to elk hunt.

Are you guys planning to pack meat out on your back or do you have horses for the hunt? Hopefully it makes for some good stories this fall!

-Charlie

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 10:43:00 PM »
Hey Charlie I oughta make it in and see everyone, need to get them ol' boys from Vermont back down here.
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »
Good to hear from ya' Levi!   :wavey:  

The Vermont Crew is supposed to come at some point in October. I will have to check with Fred and find out when they will be setting up camp. I wouldn't mind hunting with them for a weekend.

It would be good to see you down there too. How is school going, or are you done?

-Charlie

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 11:17:00 PM »
HOw far is this from Columbus. My daughter teaches at OSU, and it is a 5 hour drive to get there from here in southern KY. Everytime I drive up 71 I see tons of deer, especially in the fall. I might consider this if you guys dont mind?
samuel koger

Offline Squaretoparcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 11:59:00 PM »
Well, we can talk about that if I see you in Ohio.  I'm always looking for a partner.  I hunt solo every other year  I use a trailer as a base camp.  When I have company I backpack into the wilderness a few miles.  I have friends with horses to pack the meat out if it becomes difficult. it is still the most affordable elk hunt around although tags have doubled since I first started traveling there, now $550 for either sex. My friends drive straight through from Erie, passing through Columbus, they could always use another driver/someone to split the gas with.
IF THERE'S ONE WISH that I have in life, it's to connect, to connect to my children, connect to my wife, connect to my friends, to connect to you. On my tombstone, I'd like it to say: "He tried to connect".
--Mandy Patinkin

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
Koger,

From Columbus it is roughly 2 hours. You can come up if it works out for you. You are certainly welcome to sit at the fire.

:campfire:

-Charlie

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »
Squaretop,

If you are looking for an elk hunting partner, I might be able to help with that! It would depend on the details, but sure sounds interesting..... Do you guys normally get into the elk pretty good? I have no issue shooting either a cow or a bull. If there are cow only tags and they are cheaper, it would be even more feasible for me to come out that way. I have been to Colorado once and LOVED it.

-Charlie

Offline Squaretoparcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »
Charlie, PM sent.
--Mandy Patinkin

Offline Boester19

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
Can't wait for the hunt again this year!!   :thumbsup:    :D
Zipper Standard Takedown Recurve 60#
Zipper Nitro 61#

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »
Charlie, still got around four more years, 2 associates and a bachelors to work on, started summer courses a week or two ago. I'll have to try and get down more this year, I'll take a Large shirt as well Thanks sir'
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 08:20:00 AM »
Gotcha on the shirt Levi. Keep in those books!

Offline tuscarawasbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
Seriously considering coming down. I won't know for sure until closer to the date. Looks like a good time though.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2012, 08:07:00 PM »
You are certainly welcome to come and hunt deer or just hang out at the fire a bit!

:campfire:

Offline Longbowlogan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2012, 11:03:00 PM »
This is a fun hunt! Last year was my first time going to it and everyone made me feel welcome. My first evening there I stalked within 15 yards of a 135"-140"  10pt. It's a ton of land and you won't even know where to start lol  I saw deer every day I was there. Hope to see everyone down there!
Big Stick Assassin LB 60" 51@29
Big Stick Assassin LB 62" 60@28
Schafer Silvertip RC 60" 54@28, 57@27, 76@29

PBS Associate member

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2012, 11:59:00 PM »
I hope to make this years hunt, last year I missed the hunt & the rut due to work, construction work  is feast or famine, I guess I take it as it comes!
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »
Hey Mike! Glad to see you posted. I'm just glad to hear you had work. Sometimes it can be hard to come by.

Wished I was able to make the turkey shoot, but had funds and time tied up elsewhere. That is by far my favorite shoot of the year!

You doing the squirrel hunt/fundraiser this year?

Anyway, hope to see you down there this November!

Offline Squaretoparcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »
Charlie,don't know if you got my earlier message: make mine an XL T shirt.

lu
--Mandy Patinkin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©