3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt 2012. Success!!!  (Read 5018 times)

Offline Longbowlogan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt 2012. Success!!!
« Reply #220 on: October 21, 2012, 09:24:00 PM »
Sounds good Charlie! Alex is suppose to send the money for his and mine, I'll have to remind him! If you find me turkeys I'll shoot them  :)
Big Stick Assassin LB 60" 51@29
Big Stick Assassin LB 62" 60@28
Schafer Silvertip RC 60" 54@28, 57@27, 76@29

PBS Associate member

Offline bansheewins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: October 21, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Charlie,  you should be getting my money I put it in the mail Thursday at work.  Can't wait getting pretty excited.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach that man to fish and he will eat for a life time"

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: October 21, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Just so everyone knows it's an option. Me and a couple guys have brought the smokepoles aka bang bangs and done some hunting in the afternoons after lunch for squirrels grouse woodcock and rabbits. You basic hunting license will cover all of this. And for you guys from out of state buy an either sex tag for deer if this is the only time you plan to come hunt ohio this season. And if you do plan to hunt any birds such as woodcock or grouse please do the HIP survey on your hunting license.  I want yall to have a good experience while your down here so you should experience it all.  :D  Bring a good attitude and lots of arras. And all your BS. lol
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline tradhunterRN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: October 23, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »
Looks like due to work I will be hunting the 6th 7th and 8th this year. If I am lucky, I will pitch camp on the 3rd and hunt for that day before returning to work until the 6th. Getting more excited by the day!

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: October 23, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »
come on we are 2 weeks away and there is barely any movement on this board, lets talk about what your campin in what food your bringin, just talk. lol

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline tradhunterRN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: October 23, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
celticknot:
That would probably be a good thing since I have not tent camped since I was in Scouts. I am borrowing my brother's tent, which will be WAY too big. I think it is a 6 person. So if anyone is on the fence about coming but doesn't have a tent they can bunk with me. Plenty of space

Offline tradhunterRN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: October 23, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »
Oh and I was looking at google maps trying to find this campsite. Is it on the corner of township road 2 and township road 13?

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: October 23, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
Head east on 13 off of 83 and you will see a small lake on the left, the camping sites are on the east bank of the lake. I really recommend for you fellas nylon tent camping borrowing or purchasing a mr. buddy heater, or some form of a propane heater, and bring a grill proprane tank and the adapter hose and leave the tank outside and your heater in, it will save you a bundle on propane sine you'll burn a one pound bottle a night.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: October 23, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »
it is just past TR2

Offline Squaretoparcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: October 23, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »
Charlie, I sent My shirt $ last week.  Let me now if it arrived; don't want you to "cover".

lu
IF THERE'S ONE WISH that I have in life, it's to connect, to connect to my children, connect to my wife, connect to my friends, to connect to you. On my tombstone, I'd like it to say: "He tried to connect".
--Mandy Patinkin

Offline kenn1320

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: October 24, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »
Originally posted by celticknot:
Head east on 13 off of 83 and you will see a small lake on the left, the camping sites are on the east bank of the lake. I really recommend for you fellas nylon tent camping borrowing or purchasing a mr. buddy heater, or some form of a propane heater, and bring a grill proprane tank and the adapter hose and leave the tank outside and your heater in, it will save you a bundle on propane sine you'll burn a one pound bottle a night.
If you have a nylon tent, get a "big" tarp to go completely over it. This will stop the wind from going thru it, and keep some heat it. I dont recomend sleeping with the heat on all night. I personally turn mine on for about 10min in the morning to take the chill out of the air and to dry up any moisture.
I'm not a "deer" hunter, I'm a bow hunter that occasionally shoots a deer.

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: October 24, 2012, 12:45:00 PM »
Coming from the sunny south there just isn't any way I can survive the brutal conditions in a tent.  So I'm showing up in this.

I was actually gonna bring a tent but oldskool balked at the idea.  Something to do about a pee-can, not to be confused with a pecan as pronounced down here.  I don't know the whole story so you guys be sure to ask around the campfire.

As for food I plan to bring the normal stuff like hog jawls, grits 'possum & the like.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline oldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: October 24, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
We won't go there Pac
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: October 24, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »
Oh   :scared:  I thought your computer was still on the fritz
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline Longbowlogan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: October 24, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by celticknot:
Just so everyone knows it's an option. Me and a couple guys have brought the smokepoles aka bang bangs and done some hunting in the afternoons after lunch for squirrels grouse woodcock and rabbits.  
This will be primetime for deer movement when we are down there this year, you won't catch me chasing tree rats during deer season. Especially in November when the bucks will be cruising    :knothead:  I might chase some turkeys with the recurve while I'm down there but no smallgame for me    :biglaugh:
Big Stick Assassin LB 60" 51@29
Big Stick Assassin LB 62" 60@28
Schafer Silvertip RC 60" 54@28, 57@27, 76@29

PBS Associate member

Offline tradhunterRN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: October 24, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »
[/QUOTE]If you have a nylon tent, get a "big" tarp to go completely over it. This will stop the wind from going thru it, and keep some heat it. I dont recomend sleeping with the heat on all night. I personally turn mine on for about 10min in the morning to take the chill out of the air and to dry up any moisture. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Might be tough finding a tarp that will fit over a 6 person tent  :(

Offline tradhunterRN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: October 24, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »
I was also wondering; do you guys normally hunt in pairs? This will be my first time on this property, plus it is my first year bowhunting so I want to soak up and learn as much as I can.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: October 24, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
I don't know if the others are hunting in pairs, it's my first hunt with them too.  I figure I kept oldskool safe from the gators and killer razorbacks when he came down here hunting with me so I'm kind of hoping for the same up there.

I doubt if there are many gators or hogs but I am told bigfoot might be roaming around as well as snowbeast or two.  Plus when I get lost I will have someone to find me out there before I ice over.
USAF Retired '85-'05

Offline bghunter76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: October 24, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
Get n real close now looking forward to meeting lots of new people this year.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: October 24, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »
Getting lost isn't an issue. Down there, getting out of the woods usually means climbing up a hill. So if you are lost, climb a hill and you will likely find a road!

I love hunting the power lines and ravines! I'm also hoping for a good cold snap and the moon phase should be good as well I think. I haven't done much hunting this year so I am ready to spend some long spells in the woods. If a coyote, turkey or deer shows itself the arrows are flying!   :readit:  

-Charlie

Lu, Logan, Alex and Irish- I recieved your money. Thanks guys. I am late picking up the shirts as the last few days have been busy. I will pick them up tomorrow for sure and mail the ones that need mailed on Friday. I will bring the rest to camp with me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©