3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt 2012. Success!!!  (Read 5009 times)

Offline kenn1320

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt 2012. Success!!!
« Reply #260 on: October 27, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »
Yeah when I checked a deer in, I bought a bunch of snacks/drinks just to help support them for doing the service. Speaking of checking deer, which of the local places does this?
I'm not a "deer" hunter, I'm a bow hunter that occasionally shoots a deer.

Offline Mad Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #261 on: October 27, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »
Thanks guys will shop around if places are open. I always need stuff for the retired mad bird dog. Matt saw your request for beman 400's you still need them? If so i'll be down near you on I-70 tomorrow. We can meet somewhere or you can ride along if not busy with the new baby. Let me know what length because a few are cut shorter and some are full length.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #262 on: October 27, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
I just need 2 full length so I can cut them slowly to bare shaft them.
I live a few minutes south of 70.
I really appreciate the thought, what would you want for them? I can meet you at 37and 70 whenever you need me to. I'll pm you my number. Thanks I really appreciate it.
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline Mad Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #263 on: October 27, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
pm'd you back Matt

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #264 on: October 27, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »
got it, see ya tomorrow

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #265 on: October 28, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
So who all is gonna be down there this coming weekend? I'll be down this friday night. I'm bringin the boom stick to wack a turkey. Hopefully the rain holds out for a while, I can deal with snow.the way it's looking its gonna rain that monday and will clear up by thursday.

Offline Mad Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #266 on: October 28, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
I just got back from down there and saw 2 jakes that looked miserably wet.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #267 on: October 28, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
I will be setting up camp late Friday evening on the 2nd. I will stay from that Friday to Wednesday the 7th. Then I have to come home for 2 days and will be back Friday night to Sunday the 11th for more hunting/camping.

So if any of you guys get down there before late friday evening on the 2nd there won't be signs set up. That is, unless everyone wants to make sure they mark their campsite as an Ohio Trad Deer Hunt area. It would make it considerably easier to find each other since some of us are showing up at different times.

If there are any questions please call me at 614-209-8568.

Also, all AEP areas are first come first serve on the campsites. The camping is free and there is always a chance that there may not be many spots left in area K. I cannot reserve them, but I will "hold" as many areas as possible.

If we do need to move areas it will be to camp area A where there is generally more room. K is better in my opinion, but A does seem to be more available. If we have to move to area A then I will put up a post on here. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU LEAVE!

If we do move to area A, it is straight down 83 on the left. Area A is directly on Rt 83. You can't miss it. You just have to go further south on 83 than you would have for the turn off to get to area K.

We are getting close fellas!    :campfire:

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #268 on: October 28, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »
Here are the directions to get to area K one more time for those of you with questions.

-From I70 go south on Rt 83.
-Take Route 83 South for about 15-20 miles all the way to Cumberland.
-Continue on Route 83 South through Cumberland for about 7 more miles.
-Turn left on T13/Lincoln Highway. There is a lighted Console Energy sign at this road.
-Follow TR13 straight until you see the sign for Area K on your left.
-Turn left and follow that road into the camp area,
-Do not turn to the right.
-We usually camp in the SW corner of the campgrounds.
-This would be the 1st road on the left in the main camping area.

AGAIN, PLEASE CHECK THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU LEAVE.

THOSE OF YOU GETTING THERE EARLY; PLEASE CALL ME IF THERE IS LIMITED CAMPING AND NOT ENOUGH SPACES FOR ALL OF US. THAT WAY I CAN LET EVERYONE KNOW TO GO TO AREA A INSTEAD.

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2012, 07:53:00 PM »
Got my stuff packed and everything is loaded up.  I planned to head that way on Thursday but I may leave a couple of days early since I don't have anything going on anyway. Not for sure yet.  

I posted the photo of my truck and camper and I might be the only one with Arkansas plates so if you see me come on over.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline kennyb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #270 on: October 28, 2012, 07:55:00 PM »
It's gettin' close for sure and I can't wait! Really looking forward to this trip. I plan on being there Thursday afternoon to set up camp.

Charlie-I got your and Irish's phone number and will call if need be...if that's okay.

How about phone service down there? is there fire pits ready? Lastly, is there a lot of trees in the camping area, so I can tie up some tarps? Thanks guys...this is gonna be fun! I am really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Kenny    :archer2:
>>>-------------->
Black Widow-PSA III 60"
Tall Tines Recurve 62"
U.S Army Veteran
U.S. Army Military Police K-9 Corps

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #271 on: October 28, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »
Lol that's how ya know they're jakes. Lol Tom's would move somewhere a little more dry. Did you get a chance to check out that field?

Offline Mad Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #272 on: October 28, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
yeah they planted what looks like sorghum. I don't know if turkeys like it, but I know pheasants do. Turkeys were on main road by "G"

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #273 on: October 28, 2012, 10:11:00 PM »
whoever is getting there this week try to save the biggest camp area you can, the one on the top drive that is really big would be great but whatever you can get and save would be great.

Ken you feel free to call me.

Go to the top of hills and you will have phone service, I have verizon, not sure about others.
There are trees around the camps. It depends which camp you are in if there is an actual fire pit, but there are places for fires in the camps.

Offline kenn1320

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #274 on: October 29, 2012, 05:37:00 AM »
Looking like I wont be able to get down there till Sunday after dark(prob close to midnight).
I'm not a "deer" hunter, I'm a bow hunter that occasionally shoots a deer.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #275 on: October 29, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »
Ken,

That's ok bud. We'll be waiting on ya'. Feel free to call, but understand it might take a bit for me to get back to you. I will go up the hill to check my messages every now and again.

I'm hoping the deer will be hunkered down during this bad weather. That way, once it blows through by the weekend maybe we will have some good deer movement. The weather is supposed to be good Friday to Monday at least.

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #276 on: October 29, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
Got these made up just for this trip.  Ready to use one or two of them too!

USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #277 on: October 29, 2012, 05:15:00 PM »
Those sure are some purty arras! It is ALMOST a shame to get some blood on 'em.

Offline tking308

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #278 on: October 29, 2012, 06:16:00 PM »
I'll be there Wed afternoon.  Tent camping, driving a blue ford focus.  I probably should have already asked but what kind of roads am I going to be dealing with?  Paved, gravel or MUD?
I'm really excited about this hunt.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #279 on: October 29, 2012, 06:45:00 PM »
Gravel will be the worst of the roads unless you get REALLY lost!  :biglaugh:  

Did anyone check on with Jim(bghunter) to find out when he is going to get there?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©