3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A Simple New Asbell Product  (Read 316 times)

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
A Simple New Asbell Product
« on: June 21, 2012, 08:57:00 AM »

Teresa has come out with a pretty neat accessory.....a simple wool bandana. I think the dimension is 27x27" (I might get corrected on that).

I love these. When I was in the Army, we used an Army bandage pack as a scarf.....we called it a "Cav Scarf". Those were cotton....this one is wool. I see much more use from a wool version. A "do-rag" now becomes a warm hat. We have all worn a wool scarf...this one doubles as a face mask. I experimented a little with draping it over my bow hand instead of a glove. I plan on spending some time with this simple product and coming up with a list of uses. If you guys have any thoughts, have at it.   :bigsmyl:  

I don't think this is on the Asbell website yet, but I know she has plenty on hand.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: A Simple New Asbell Product
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »

G. Fred Asbell

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
Will they be available in a pattern......like the new cedar swamp? I'd like that....or any muted plaid?
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »
I love my Cav Scarf, been wearing one since 1990, Ft. Knox. Ill have to get one of these.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
They do come in multiple patterns. Mrs. Owlbait worked with Teresa and Fred at Compton's and was able to verify that.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 02:39:00 PM »
Bugs me to death.  I bought a new zippered wool "hoodie" from Teresa at Compton, and came back 3 times to look at those simple green scarves... and managed to forget to buy one! (Doh!    :banghead:   )  Must have been mesmerized by the chance to talk with Roger!?! (Or, maybe it was the 90 degree temps)

Wonder about myself, sometimes.  Now, I'd hate to pay shipping to get that all by itself.  Too soon old, too late smart...
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »
I'll have to get one at Denton Hill if they go down!!! I'd like to get a plaid one!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
They plan to be at Denton Hill.  :D    :thumbsup:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »
every real cowboy out here has one-not in wool.  they are the catz asz for dust, wind , sun and cold.

Yes, we still have real cowboys out here--It is rodeo week  and that is just a great time
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »
Hrm.

Not sure I would want something that loose around my neck/chin.  I can guarantee that sooner or leter I would wrap it up in a bowstring and try to strangle myself.

I have a neck cuff that my mother knitted for me out of wool.  That's a lot snugger fit, though.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
Ain't for everybody, thats for sure, but I havn't gone wrong on anything I've gotten from Teresa yet. You go girl. Keep up the good work. Your wool is both affordable and usable.  :thumbsup:

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »
Hey guys...they will be at Denton Hill, and yep, they have multiple patterns.

I agree, order it with something else or pick one up at a show....freight being what it is.

Jeff - In the past I wore a Blaclava(sp?)and it has never bothered me shooting a bow. my Asbell Cav Scarf (my name, not the official handle  :)  ) is much snugger than that. It doesn't get in MY way, but that is not to say your wrong. It might bother some folks used as a scarf up front.Lots of other uses for it though. I think it's a compact, worthy, and simple thing to throw into ones haversack.

G. Fred Asbell

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 04:53:00 PM »
I did not buy at first sight because I thought it would interfere with anchor point, for me.  But, I think I would use it for something other than the actual hunt.

After the fact, I thought of those windy winter days when I have removed my ASAT mesh face mask and am walking back to the truck with painful cold on my cheeks.  This would be something I'd love to have in my pocket for those times...
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©