3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Static Tip Curve, What is your pick?  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Static Tip Curve, What is your pick?
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »
Xtrema, Check out the Zipper IFL riser.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »
I want a set of dryads for my titan, just need to save up for awhile  :(    hear great things about those limbs
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2012, 03:13:00 PM »
My choice would be the RER.. Fantastic Static TIp design.

Offline boxh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »
I'm with Bear Heart, my Ballistik is the smoothest,
fastest bow I have. And I have too many! If it wasn't one of the heaviest bows I have, it would be the only bow I would hunt with.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »
I know someone that can build light , static bows (
Grin)

God bless you all, Steve

Offline AdAstraAiroh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »
My recommendation for a static recurve would be the Dryad ACS-RC ILF limbs. I received a pair one week ago, and their stability, forgiveness, accuracy and performance (speed) were way beyond my expectations.

Mark

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
I haven't shot many trad bows, but my RER is very nice.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 08:21:00 PM »
hey you guys forgot about me!

Texas recurve Comanche all the way!!!!!

justin
Hill

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
Where was this a month ago when I was trying to get rid of some Dryad ILF limbs?  The gent that bought them seems very happy.  Definitely smooth, just not a longbow.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline BSBD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »
Definitely a Saluki for me, they get better every year and my 04', 06' and 08' Saluki's weren't exactly slow. My 2011 Ibex is faster than any bow I've shot including Ballistik's, RER's, or any other bow without wheels. I don't think it will hit 215 fps at 10 gpp drawn to 28" with fingers though.

Lukas builds great bows but you don't see him promoting himself on the internet like some people. His wait is long enough without the promotion.

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2012, 06:15:00 AM »
aren't the border black douglas static recurves?
any one got experience to share on them. it would be my next bow if i had the money
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline 187BOWHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »
I love my Stalker Custom Recurves static Tracker, its just a badass bow !

Offline hybridbow hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by BSBD:
Definitely a Saluki for me, they get better every year and my 04', 06' and 08' Saluki's weren't exactly slow. My 2011 Ibex is faster than any bow I've shot including Ballistik's, RER's, or any other bow without wheels. I don't think it will hit 215 fps at 10 gpp drawn to 28" with fingers though.

Lukas builds great bows but you don't see him promoting himself on the internet like some people. His wait is long enough without the promotion.
215 fps @ 28" & 10 gpp: that stick bow doesn't exist yet and most probably not for the coming years...
There is a lot of mythology about the speed of those asian style bows: Ibex and Turk (fiberglass) models i chronoed were in the 175 fps range for 10 ,gpp under shooting machine, without silencers on string, which is rather in the medium-low average speed for most fiberglass recurve on the market. Though for people who likes this style of bows, they are fine bows.
La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by hybridbow hunter:

Originally posted by BSBD:

Lukas builds great bows but you don't see him promoting
himself on the internet like some people. His wait is long enough without the promotion.
215 fps @ 28" & 10 gpp: that stick bow doesn't exist yet and most probably not for the coming years...
There is a lot of mythology about the speed of those asian style bows: Ibex and Turk (fiberglass) models i chronoed were in the 175 fps range for 10 ,gpp under shooting machine, without silencers on string, which is rather in the medium-low average speed for most fiberglass recurve on the market. Though for people who likes this style of bows, they are fine bows. [/b]
I think, and will find out, that Saluki's have been chronoed at 230 FPS. Let me do my research.

My 82# at 28" Ballistick was chronoed by John Fazio, himeself, at 215 FPS with a 10 GPP arrow. Unfortunately, John has passed away. So, I may have a hard time backing that statement up, without "Re-chronoing" it. (how do you like that made up word?)

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by ozy clint:
aren't the border black douglas static recurves?
any one got experience to share on them. it would be my next bow if i had the money
I had one. Freakishly fast and accurate. But, a high wrist and I am a low dished grip guy. So, I sold it. If you like med to high wrist, it would be hard to beat one.

FYI, if you are serious, I know where two BBDs are for a modest price. PM me for details.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline hybridbow hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »
Raging Water,
with an accurate and precise chrono, accurate weighting of the bow and the arrow, the numbers you give at 28" draw AMO and 10 gpp cannot exist with any stick bow on the market today. It is just physics and i can do the math very easily for you...as KE of the shot arrow= Dynamic Efficiency X Store Energy you would need something in the 90+ % DE and 114 % store energy. That stickbow made of fiberglass (or whatever...) just doesn't exist today   :dunno:  

and 230 fps for 10 gpp @ 28" draw length is just ridiculous as even with the fastest compound bow 350 fps (IBO) you will not get that speed
La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2012, 04:49:00 PM »
I believe Ballistic quoted thier 215 fps rating at 30 inches draw and 540 grains out of a 60# bow?

That was an AMO standard test back in the day and may still be?

Not saying the test Mr. Fazio may have done  was accurate or beyond reproach.Thats how remember the parameters though.I could be wrong as its been awhile since I read the statements he posted in adds years ago.

The Palouse,Texas Camanche allready mentioned,Red Chavez recurve,Stillwater and Javaman Assyrian are nice static tipped recurves that have the Bear Grumley style tips.That are very beautiful.I dont think thier speed deamons but thier nice and and very aesthetically pleasing to the eye and show off the bowyers art nicely.Jim Belcher made one in this style as well modeled after the Grumsley bow

Someone mentioned the Border Black Douglas.I dont know if its a static tip?It has very long and radical sweeping hooks that look like they may work more than a true static tip.They are certainly very fast though.

I have found the Saluki Ibex to be very fast indeed.A well known bowyer who has tested many many bows.Told me it was the 3rd fastest bow he ever tested.This was about 5 years ago though.I have owned 3 of them and was always impressed with the flat arrow trajectory personally.

Offline L. Bullington

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
I have shot a Sheepeater Spirit. very fast and smooth. One to look at anyway.

Lucas

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
RER and Jack Kempf. Smooth and quiet.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
I have a RER Arroyo 54" that i use for turkey hunting out of my blind. Sweet bow! My son had a Dryad Epic ILF another sweet bow.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©