3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Grips!  (Read 233 times)

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
Grips!
« on: June 21, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »
Hello.   Could someone direct me to a source that might explain and show the different types of grips found on bows?  Seems like it would be a pretty important part of finding a bow that really fits each individual.

Comments?  Or advice when it comes to figuring out what works best?

Thanks!
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grips!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
IMO, shooters get used to grips not the other way around. You may decide you prefer straight, locator, dish, or pistol grip (which includes high, low, medium wrist). Try them all!

Prefer simple straight grip longbows since switching long ago.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
I would suggest that you pick up a copy of "Shooting the Stickbow" by Anthony Camera as it has a good section in there that explains all styles of grips. Great reference book to have anyway. I do however agreed with previous info about you adjust to the grip by Straitera. Also go to a show or a shoot where they will have vendors and just browse and try the different styles.   Chuck

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 12:38:00 PM »
I would suggest that you pick up a copy of "Shooting the Stickbow" by Anthony Camera as it has a good section in there that explains all styles of grips. Great reference book to have anyway. I do however agreed with previous info about you adjust to the grip by Straitera. Also go to a show or a shoot where they will have vendors and just browse and try the different styles.   Chuck

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©