3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Camp kitchen set ups  (Read 386 times)

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
Camp kitchen set ups
« on: June 21, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
Guys and gals, im looking for some real good, efficient, and user friendly camp kitchen ideas for deer camp this yr. As of late we have used the totes, coolers and folding tables, with our goods in disarray, plus the after meal cleanups are no joy either. I love deer camp but our camp kitchen could some help!

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Camp kitchen set ups
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »
How about a nice hand forged cooking grill that you can set up over a fire pit

And a nice hand forged tripod to hang a dutch oven or bean pot from while cooking

And a hand forged pot/pan rack

And a  nice fly up to put the cookware under

Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
Good thread, I'm building a little shack at my camp and was thinking of this myself...

Nice set-up, stringstretcher.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
We have a canvas cook shack with a oval civil war renactment stove as well as a coleman 2 burner. There are utensil holders on the fron post of the frame. Dont have any pics  sorry
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »
I hope wingnut jumps in on this.
I've seen photos of his elk camp.  He and Jason set up the Taj Mahal of kitchens.   :thumbsup:

Offline Prairie dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »
Is this to be a temporary set up or a permanent location?

This is my deer camp kitchen. Clean up takes place inside the camper trailer.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
Camp kitchen's are nice to have and here is mine on longer trips.

Wish I had a wall tent for it but not yet Someday! For now just a easy up with there tent set up.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
This was at a September squirrel camp. Venison ribs over a hardwood fire. Note the squirrels roasting on forged squirrel cooker's

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
The next day it was a venison haunch on a spit...we eat good in camp...       :campfire:    

with bacon pinned to the haunch we just kept turning it until it was time to start slicing off slabs from the outside of the roast.

The grill I have was made by   raccoon forge in Corunna Indiana. They don't have a web site but they're on facebook at [email protected]  They're set up at the Compton Rendezvous every year.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »
Ron, when I grow up, I want to be just like you.  Great looking cooking set up.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
This is a pretty simple and basic camp kitchen set-up in my Costco EZ up. That's my shower stall in the corner as well. Made taking a shower in November in Ohio a little more bearable.

Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
Yall are fancy, my setup is usually a bag of bite size snickers and a bag of beef jerky.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »
That is the only way I want to eat deer ribs!
I don't have anything better than roll-em-up tables and folding chairs in the cookshack. But such a cookshack!

Will post pics when I get off the phone and onto a computer.
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »
Great kitchens folks, im seeing some big kitchen improvements in our deer camp this year!   :thumbsup:

Offline Knobbir

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 05:16:00 PM »
A picture of a tailgate or a rock with a Whisperlite just ain't worth put'n up after those gourmet set-ups. We can't even have fires a lot of the time, and showers?- there's barely enough water to drink.

Offline Prairie dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by Knobbir:
A picture of a tailgate or a rock with a Whisperlite just ain't worth put'n up after those gourmet set-ups. We can't even have fires a lot of the time, and showers?- there's barely enough water to drink.
LOL  There's times when this is all you need.

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
Tracy's set is very comfortable! I was in that elk camp and it was wonderful!
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »
If y'all have more close-ups of your forged iron fireside stands, utensils, and other neat items I'd love to see them.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline critter69

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 12:09:00 AM »
Dont have pics of our kithen but it consist of a cabelas alasken gizibo and a kithen set up (wire rack and food storage, dont remember name of it, but its the same as one of the previous posts)for when weather gets bad. And when the weather is nice we cook 90% on a tripod rack over fire.As far as cleanup we try to use paper plates and plastic forks,spoons,knives. So we can burn it after we eat. Try not to cook to much that needs pots(chili,stew and such)so clean up is minamal. Brats, burgers ,hot dogs, steaks,chicken,grouse,pre-made burritos,potatos,corn etc can all be cooked on the tripod.I think most of our carry out trash is beer cans and crown bottles.Good hunting to ya

Offline Prairie dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bud B.:
If y'all have more close-ups of your forged iron fireside stands, utensils, and other neat items I'd love to see them.
This is my rendezvous kitchen.  It's rather spartan compared to some but it covers the basics well.  

The skillet holder / trivet was cut out of the photo on the left, it swings out of the way when not in use and adjusts for height easily.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©