3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: small game broadheads  (Read 362 times)

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: small game broadheads
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »
Beastmaster,

You need to shoot some of those Rambo 2  exploding tips!!!
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by JamesKerr:
I use VPA SGT on everything from coons to squirrels. Most broadheads will work fine but they don't have the shock power of a blunt type point. In the case of coons and squirrels they can climb a tree after being shot with a broadhead but not with a blunt.
I have seen first hand proof that squirrels can get up a tree after being whopped with an SGT! I had to shoot him again with a broadhead to finish him. I like to use magnus or Thunderheads or whatever old BH's are lying around in my archey tackle box.

Bisch

Offline -Achilles-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 12:54:00 AM »
When I think of "small game" I think rabbits,squirrels,birds and for those a feild tip has always worked great for me and they are super cheap.Anything bigger then that gets a broadhead.

Offline cody94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
what if i said it was a #40 bow, im not so sure on the blunts anymore, a 40 pound bow with a bodkin aimed at a groundhog. the groundhog usually gets away, so therefor i would rather have something that cuts. i liked the idea of what some fellow said "put a washer behind it" i think that would work.
OH BOY IS THIS GREAT!

Offline -Achilles-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
With 35 to 45 I'd insist on a big broadhead for a groundhog.Thats what I shoot is 35 to 45.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©