3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow PSR owners....  (Read 156 times)

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Widow PSR owners....
« on: June 22, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »
Would like to hear from anyone who owns the BW PSR or has spent time with one.
Its intrigued me as of late and I'd like to see what you guys think.
Ken
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline Richard in OK

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow PSR owners....
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
I shoot a 50# PSR @28", 54". It shoots well, and I like short recurves. Not much else to say, really. It shoots a bit lower with a bow quiver attached.

Richard

Offline statedriller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
I've got a 54" right now that seems a touch short for my 28" draw, but that is just my preference.  I've got a new PSRX on order.  This one is a 56".  I love them for their versatility in the tree and on the ground.  Nice light weight and smooth drawing all the way out.  I'm not a big fan of the factory grip though, both mine have Shrew grips on them.  Although the Toby grip is pretty nice...
I'm getting more dangerous all the time...

Online Joshua Grimshaw

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »
I have owned two. The first was a used 56"; It was just a little short for me. I sold it and bought a used 58" PSR takedown 54 @ 27". I draw 27.5" with it and I think it is great. I prefer it over the PSA that I used to have.

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 08:31:00 AM »
I tried a 56" T/D.  The normal grip is like a really straight longbow grip and I hated it.  It shot well though.  If you like a longbow grip or have a custom grip done on it it could be nice.  With that being said I think the Toelke Chinook is much nicer and cheaper to boot.

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 08:38:00 AM »
I shot a 58" at Compton's last weekend and fell in lust with it. Now, I'm thinking of selling my TF III to fund one.

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 09:03:00 AM »
Been shooting a 56" PSR for over 5 yrs now. No complaints!
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline findbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »
I have 56 at 47lbs,  58 at 55lbs, and 60 at 65lbs There all greats shooting bows. I just had rotater cuff repair 2/22/12  I have been shooting my 47 lbs and 55 lbs. Fills good and I can shoot up to 100 arrows a day. I shot at compton last weekend for fun I wish I shot for score my BW was so smooth.best regards Findbows

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©