3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad archery shop near Granville, Ohio ?  (Read 169 times)

Offline yukon chuck

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Trad archery shop near Granville, Ohio ?
« on: June 23, 2012, 09:09:00 AM »
Hey Fellas,
Anyone know of any trad archery shops near Granville, Ohio? Have to be in the area for business a few days next week and was hoping to find a local shop to bang around in.
Thanks,
Chuck
    :archer2:
>>>--TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association
Yucketsville Buffalo & Cricket Association

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle". -Plato

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad archery shop near Granville, Ohio ?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 09:26:00 AM »
I am In Gahana on business also and contacted Bob Morrison of Morrison Archery who's business is in Granville.  I hope to visit his shop today.

Offline bkyrdshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »
Not a whole lot around here in this area. I live in Newark and go to TWIGS in Coshocton and shoot at Claylick Bowhunters here in Newark(member). Bob of course is a great bowyer but as far as strickly trad shops its kinda slim pickings around here. Buckeye outdoors has some but not alot. They deal with mostly wheel shooters. Can always take you out Claylick if you want a good 3D course if you want. Send me a message and I give you my cell # if you are wanting to shoot.
"Energy and Persistence Conquer All Things"   Benjamin Franklin

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
Look up Twig Archery in Coshocton. I think it would probably be a 45 minute drive from Granville. I have been to Twig and I have been to Granville, but haven't driven directly from one to the other. Buckeye Outdoors is also fairly close(30 min roughly), but not really a trad shop. They do have plenty to look at there.

-Charlie

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
Just got back from Bob Morrison's home/shop and was able to shoot a setup he suggested for me.  Let me just say the Morrisnon's are extremely nice people and I want to thank them for letting me come by and seeing their operation.

Now as for as the bow goes,  Bob put together something that I had in mind and let me tell you that I was very impressed.  At my draw length and weight, the bow was very very fast as far as the eye can tell and comparing the same with my other bows.

I was so impressed that I will be ordering one from Bob as soon as he is able to get his machining schedule in place for his new metal riser design.

Again thanks Bob!

Offline yukon chuck

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 11:29:00 AM »
Thanks for the input fellas. Wound up being overwhelmed with work and couldn't get out. I did contact Twig though and expect to do some business with them in the future. Nice folks.

Thanks again,
Chuck
>>>--TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association
Yucketsville Buffalo & Cricket Association

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle". -Plato

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©