3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Moultrie M80 Trail cam  (Read 325 times)

Offline daniel boon

• Trad Bowhunter
Moultrie M80 Trail cam
« on: June 24, 2012, 07:53:00 AM »
Thinking of getting the Moultrie M80 Trail cam. So any of you Trail Cam users, what is your opinion of this camera? Good-Bad? any opinions would be helpfull. Thanks.

Offline Tyler C. Moore

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Moultrie M80 Trail cam
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
The m-80 is my go to camera. I have had the chance to try just about every kind of trail camera this year, and for the money I believe the m-80 is absolutely the best bang for your dollar. takes great pictures, ir extremely reliable with a fast trigger speed, and is very user friendly.
Tyler C. Moore

Online happy1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
Zippercurve could not have said it any better.  But the new M80XD with motion freeze may have a little better night picture if the animal is moving.
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline floodman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 09:20:00 AM »
Amen

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »
Great camera! Probably the best we have used and we will bye some moore. I know there's some others out there that take as good of pics but cost at least twice the price.

The only gripe I have is you have to use the Moultrie SD cards with this cam. We have tried many diffrent cards and the cams always have problems. Use the the Moultrie card and it works perfect!  :D  

The cards are $15 bucks and we swap cards so thats $30 extra per cam for us.

Still, One of the best priced and picture quality cams out there.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
Absolutely...the best I've used at the moderate price range!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Online Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
They have very good battery life,easy set up,and the way the back is shaped fit the tree very well. I have 3 of them and have never had any issues.
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 02:39:00 PM »
Why you hafta use the Moultree SD cards? Mine works just fine with other brands of SD cards.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
How long have you had your m80?

We have tried 3 different ones and they work for awhile then mess up, All the same light comes on but no numbers or anything else. Took them back to the dealer and he called the Moultrie rep why we were there and he said to try the Moultrie card. Sure enough it worked every time and ever since.   :dunno:  

He said I wasen't the only one with the problem and they were working on it. Still love the camera and the pics they take just wondered if anybody else was having the same trouble.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »
I don't remember how to do it, have to go to the "How To" website whenever I do it, but you probably have to do what is called "format" the other SD cards. Easy. I had problem too early on but no more. Forgot about that.
 Been using mine a year or so. In off season it spies on our front door and yard so I can prove to the neighbors that it is their #@&**# cat running around at night and @#$%#$ in my yard.  :) )

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »
I LOVE my M80.I've only had cheap garbage,finally bit the bullet and got a good one.WELL worth the money.Mine is working fine with non moultrie cards.Battery life is insane.I've only used C cell cams.Throw eight AA in this thing and they last forever and a day.I def want two more of these when the money is availible.
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 04:09:00 PM »
I have 1 M80, 1 M80XD, and 1 M80XT (XD is camo case, XT is a black case).  I have used several brands of cards, not formatted, and have had no problems.  I've had mine for anywhere from 1 year to 6 weeks (got them at different times).
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
Another thing I think I recall: an SD card works in mine but an SDHD won't. I'm thinking I ran into that problem.

Offline Jim Keller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
I got one in March. I was real happy with it. Their speed isn't the greatest, but the pictures are real good( a lot better than my cuddeback). It just quit working the other week and I am working with their tech support now. They sent me an upgrade to install in it. They really messed it up. I called again Fri. and the guy said I can't swap cards between my cuddy and moultrie. I'm going to Target tonight and get a new card and call him in the morning and he said he thought he could fix me up. I hope so. I was gonna buy another but gonna wait until this one is fixed.
Jim

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
Maybe they have fixed the problem now or it was just a certain batch of cameras. We just got 10 new cameras last year so it will be a while before we need any.

We will defently be bying moore of them when we need to.  :bigsmyl:  

Tracy

Offline daniel boon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
Thanks everyone for your feedback, going to order one now.
 thanks Dan

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
Great deal on #$*% right now on the M-80X.  Just bought two.  Thanks
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »
I have two and plan on getting more!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline daniel boon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 12:10:00 PM »
Having another look at the cameras, is there any difference in the-M80,-Game spy M80- Game spy M80XT and DX models apart from-black-camo??
 How do you view your pics in the field??
 And does the Moultrie viwer work OK, and how big is it?
 Thanks Guys  Dan

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »
The M80X has a faster shutter speed at night to reduce blur from movement.  You can definitely see the difference between the M80 and the M80X in nighttime photos.  I have both.  The Moultrie viewer is okay, but kind of awkward shaped.  I prefer the Cuddeback viewer.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©