3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Compton Fred Bear Print  (Read 290 times)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Compton Fred Bear Print
« on: June 24, 2012, 11:35:00 AM »
Last summer Compton Traditional Bowhunters commissioned renowned wildlife artist Jack Paluh to produce a print featuring a legend of traditional archery.   It didn’t take much deliberation to settle on a subject.  Fred Bear is synonymous with the rise of bowhunting and was a natural choice to be featured on this print.

At the recent rendezvous held in Berrien Springs Michigan, the completed print was unveiled and the first prints in the limited edition series were offered for sale.  The reception was outstanding, and we look forward to quickly selling out this print.  This is a very limited edition of only 300 prints.  If successful, the hope is that we can turn it in to a series of prints featuring other legendary traditional bowhunters.  

If you weren’t able to attend the rendezvous and are interested in ordering a print, details can be found in the Compton forum at the link below.

The actual image size is 18 x 24, and each print has been personally signed by Jack.  They are individually numbered. (1-300)  

I should point out that the image shown here does not show the incredible detail of the actual print very well.  Jack has hidden some suprises for you.  One that you might be able to pick out here is that the forky pictured behind Fred is not alone....

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000035
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Compton Fred Bear Print
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »
I had a chance to look at his art and this print at Compton's. Amazing!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »
Joe,  how large are the prints ?
ChuckC

Offline sneakybow

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »
Saw those prints in person, amazing work wish I had the discretionary funding to get one for the shop
Sometimes nothing is a really cool hand.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
Chuck, I just sent Marv an email to get the actual dimensions of the print.  I'll post here and edit my original post as soon as I have them.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »
Are they signed and numbered?
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »
The image size of the print is 18 x 24", and yes, they are all personally signed by Jack and numbered 1 - 300.  We sold quite a number of them at the rendezvous, so of course the lower numbers for the most part are gone.  But we will do our best to accomodate requests for specific numbers if still available.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »
Jack's art is remarkable. The first time I saw his work was at the Traditional Bowhunters Expo when it was held in Hastings Michigan in 1995. The Hastings chapter of the NWTF was raffling off a copy of "Native Hunters". I was so taken by that print that when I finally decided to get one it was sold out. Have since picked up a few of his works but "Native Hunters" was the start of it for me. His work is phenomenal.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Breakfast Boy

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »
I love this print.  Jack did a great job and it was awfully nice to meet him.  #39 is mine!

:goldtooth:
-Jameson

Membership Secretary
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

www.comptontraditionalbowhunters.com

Offline elk nailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 07:10:00 AM »
I got # 51 !

Offline Bmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
I just ordered one for the print auction of our local Pheasants Forever Banquet.  I'll have our framer work it up with a Bear Razorhead or maybe a full arrow.  

I'd also like to put a Fred Bear quote under it.  Any suggestions?  I'll also do this as a seperate post.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
I am on the board..
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
#8 here.  Just a heads up, Marv Cochran will be taking the remainder of the prints to the Denton Hill shoot next month - would be surprised if many come back home with him - so don't wait too long to place your order.
Craig
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 01:34:00 PM »
My wife had to have one of them. I think she said she is getting #48. won't be too hard finding room for that in my house.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Bryan Burkhardt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 04:49:00 PM »
Number 10 has my name on it  :)
You can increase your wealth by counting your blessings

Offline Robhood23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 05:33:00 PM »
I just sent a paypal payment in! How do you guys know what numbers you have already!
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right!!!

Online Ninnescah Hog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »
I just sent a PayPal payment.  Not being sure of the system I hope I did it right

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 07:36:00 PM »
Robhood23  - got them at the Compton Rendezvous.  They sold #1 and #2 (framed) on the auction. They then sold number 3 through 10 (unframed) on the auction too.  Those sold at the Rendezvous will be shipped just like the ones being purchased now.
Craig
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
Right - if you wanted number 1-10 the only way to get those was at the Saturday auction.  As Craig said, only #1&2 were with us at the rendezvous, and the rest will be shipped.  

Many of the lower numbered prints have been spoken for, along with some of the more obvious desireable ones.  (#59 = the year of the bow that Fred carries in the print, etc.)

If you have a specific question about availability of a certain number, Marv Cochran has the master list and is your best point of contact.  But in my mind, they are all the same, and which number hangs on my wall doesn't really matter.  As long as one is hanging on my wall!  :readit:    :D
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
That print of Fred blew me away so I ordered #55 at the rendezvous. 1955 was the year that I started deer hunting with a bow.

I also came home with a couple more of Jacks works
This one is "The Trackers" #10 of 450 on Giclee canvas. It's a big print 30"X48" but I found a place for it.

I also got this original oil, "Power and Might". Jack signed and personalized it on the back.

Jack has been my favorite artist ever since my first of his prints "Native Hunters" many years ago.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©