3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Flemish strings  (Read 187 times)

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
Flemish strings
« on: June 25, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »
I am ordering new strings and would like to know how to tell how many strands I need.  I have a bear Kodiak Hunter.  55" string I am going with a B50 dacron.  
  Another question is what is the real diffrence between B50 and fast flight strings.
“Respect nature and its ways, for it will teach you more than you know.”   M.P.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Flemish strings
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
I would say if you have a vintage bow, stick with the B50 there are some great sponsors here to get strings from, Oliverstacy is one that comes to mind.  Anyone of these craftsman, can get you dialed in right away.  I would not attempt Fast Flight on a vintage bow no way...

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
"I am ordering new strings and would like to know how to tell how many strands I need. I have a bear Kodiak Hunter. 55" string I am going with a B50 dacron."

Depends on the draw weight.  12 strands for up to 40-45#, 14 strands for up to 55#, 16 strands for over 55#.

"Another question is what is the real diffrence between B50 and fast flight strings."

Most any FF type string is much more durable, has much less stretch, much less creep, much less vibration, and you may get a small increase in performance.

I wouldn't suggest a FF type string on a non-FF bow.  I've never seen evidence or had any proof presented that shows damage to a bow from a properly made FF string and a bow with the string grooves cut at the proper angle...but I still wouldn't risk it.

Chad

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
PS Champion Custom Strings: one of the best strings I've ever had built for a Quick Styk I had...

Chad will set you up as well... TOP SHELF.

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 07:19:00 PM »
Ok if I used a higher strand string with a lower poundage bow would I loose performance?

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
Yes--but probably very little.

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 07:24:00 PM »
Ok one more question.  I have a martin vision also I currently have a b50 on that can I use a FF strinf on it?

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
I think all the Visions came out FF-ready.  Double-check on that though.  You may be amazed at the difference in how that bow feels with a FF string.

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 11:16:00 AM »
Doubled checked and Martin came back and said the visions are all FF capable.  Sweet deal now to order.  Thanks for all the info guys.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©