3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Design my gear list...  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Madpigslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Design my gear list...
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 05:17:00 AM »
well now Luke. If you are cheap, (smile) make sure you use pink feathers. You will always find your arrows when you miss and no one will ever steal them.

...and dont forget to tip your waitress.  ;)
...gosh this is hard.

Hailey (5) 3 minutes into a pilates workout

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 08:27:00 AM »
Luke...some things, like a quiver, you can go cheaply on by taking a used bow quiver and going G.Fred style..at least for now.  I suggest you spend better money on the tree stand and make it safe. Also, in the NBEF booklet is( or was ?) a cheap way to make homemade tree steps (tie on)  they are in no way great, but they work, I have used them before, and the price is right (nearly free), again...for now.  

I really suggest you spend good money on a few important things and work up to better quality on other things.  You have lots of time to do this.  

Camo...well, we all discuss this all the time here.  You can really get by well with the right plaids, even from a second-hand store, again, for now.  We all started...not all of us were wealthy to start off (well, at least I wasn't....come to think of it, I'm STILL not, but I have had a number of years to buy good stuff, over time).  

Hunting from the ground, out of natural blinds or just stalking and leaning against a tree is not so bad, and it sure is cheaper.  You also have less storage problems for your gear.  

Good luck in your try for University attendance.  It is a good thing for your future.
ChuckC

Offline Luke Vander Vennen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »
Originally posted by Madpigslayer:
 make sure you use pink feathers.

Calvin Peters, you're a better man than I  :D

Kelly a watch is definitely on the list  :D

Jerry you have an email  ;)  

Thanks Chuck
Dances with Turtles

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2007, 12:06:00 PM »
The lone wolf is the best stand Ive ever used.  If I was going the tree stand rout thats what I would get.  I have to say that its not the best stand for real long sits past 5 or 6 hours.  But its not bad.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2007, 12:08:00 PM »
what stand do you have?
Dances with Turtles

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »
Luke,
You could look into a Treesuit. There real inexspensive for there application, carry nice in a back pack. I'm sure you could find a good deal on some rope steps on trad gang here. I carry mine and if the wind is wrong for my spot I can sit on the ground or just move to a new tree. New areas are not hard to set up in at all. Very mobile and cheap. Very comfy for most sits.

I beleive you have plenty of arrow there for most game like deer or smaller. I haven't shot the WW but I really like my Snuffers. I shot 125gr this past season with great results.
 Have fun ,If you can use them I have some screw in steps you can have. About seven or so. I can't use them on the state land here. PM me if yer interested.
TGMM

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »
Luke,

Checkout the Millenium stand.  I agree with ChuckC, spend the money for a good stand.  Also, don't discount the value of a lightweight stand.  The millenium is lightweight, easy to hang, and very comfortable.  You hang a bracket with the millenium, then the stand attaches to the bracket.  You don't have to wrestle with the weight of a stand while trying to get it tight on the tree.  It has a very comfortable seat with back that you can sit in for hours without getting tired.

Offline Hunter John

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
Luke I just found this thread and I may be able to help.U of Guelph is 30 minutes from my home and surrounded by some of the best deer hunting in the province.We will go hunting.I am hooked on ground hunting and will be willing to part with my gorilla hang on stand,I can even bring it to Cary's bunnie hunt.Let me know.

John
I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
Hey John! That is good news. I was hoping I would find somebody who lived the area, that's perfect.  :)  I just took a tour of one of the other universities I applied to, and I kinda turned me more towards Guelph. Barring any unforseen bad-ness, (not getting in  :scared:  ) it looks like I'm headed for Guelph.

Thanks for the offer on the stand. How much would you want for it?  Are you going to Cary's bunnie hunt?
Dances with Turtles

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »
Hey Luke,, I can forward you some camo, I have surplus men's medium, If that will work I'll bring it along for you at the Bunny hunt,, Frank.
Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline Hunter John

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »
Yes I am going to be at the bunny hunt,And I think 6 cold cans of blue would be a fair trade,and if you bring king cans I will throw in some screw in steps as well.

John  :goldtooth:
I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »
Thanks Frank. Medium might be a little small on me, but it's worth a shot  :)  

John - what would 12 get me?  :D
Dances with Turtles

Offline Hunter John

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
Buzzed  :biglaugh:
I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 11:11:00 PM »
LOL
Dances with Turtles

Offline Bert Frelink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2007, 03:12:00 PM »
Little Fred,
Keep an eye on the mailbox, package left today.
Regards, Bert
PS, don't forget my picture next fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »
Will do  :)
Dances with Turtles

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©