3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help selecting arrows  (Read 224 times)

Offline Kamm1004

• Trad Bowhunter
Help selecting arrows
« on: June 30, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
Hey guys, I've got a new two tracks ambush recurve coming very soon that's 60lbs@ 28. I Draw 28, maybe a touch over. Anyways i was looking at test kits online from 3rivers. They have packages A,B, and C which are all different weights package B starts at 45-50 and ends at 60-65#. Package C starts at 65-70 and ends at 80#+. My question is how do i know what package to order? I will not use 3rivers hunter arrows for actual hunting but was going to use the test kit as a starting point for spine so i know what to order in custom arrows (elite or wilderness). Any experts or anyone who shoots an ambush recurve please chime in and help me find a good starting point. thanks a bunch guys!    :help:
Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and your bow and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me.- Genesis 27:3

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: Help selecting arrows
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
Go with the heavier kit.  Most bows will handle a little overspine quite well.  If the bow is cut to center and if it has a fast flite string, you'll need a shaft in the 75# range.

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help selecting arrows
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 01:03:00 AM »
Go with Package C.  You can use a little more weight up front to reduce spine if necessary.
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©