3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ilf differences  (Read 263 times)

Offline giff

• Trad Bowhunter
ilf differences
« on: June 30, 2012, 10:39:00 PM »
i was at the bow shop last night comparing a pair of hoyt ilf limbs and a pair of dryad ilf limbs and realized that the distance between the bolt slot and the button(not sure of technical terms)was different. I thought that ilf was supposed to be a standardized set of measurements and they were all interchangeable, but they aren't. anyone know why?

Offline SaltyDawg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ilf differences
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:48:00 PM »
My understanding is (and I'm not positive about this), that even though Hoyt uses a system similar to the ILF, it really isn't ILF, and is proprietary to Hoyt bows only.

Rick
Rick Barbee

Offline ROB TAYLOR

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 01:32:00 AM »
Rick's right....Hoyt went solo and "stretched" the slot to button distance on the ILF limb a couple years ago.  They say it enhanced something, I say it made their system proprietary and they did it purely for marketing.  It worked for me....I'll buy anything that Hoyt doesn't make now.
-Rob
>>>--TGMM-Family of the Bow--->

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline iohkus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »
Hoyt has been that way since (from my recolectence)they went heavily to compounds.
  I'm with Rob now. Have to say though, they do make SOME target risers that are ILF.
Will
Hmmmmm. I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm
not sure that what you heard is what I actually meant!

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »
If you compared ILF to ILF there's very little differences on tolerances, and they will interchange from riser to riser.  If you noticed a big difference, my guess is you were looking at a pair of Hoyt's Paralever limbs (not ILF).

Offline giff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
ok that makes sense. thanks guys

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
The stretched limbs are Hoyt's Formula system,they fit thier Formula riser's and thier Hoyt Buffalo bow.Though they are similar to ILF the stretched the pivot point.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©