3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What is going on with Kustom King ?  (Read 507 times)

Offline Old Vet

• Trad Bowhunter
What is going on with Kustom King ?
« on: July 01, 2012, 06:18:00 AM »
Over the years I have placed orders with Kustom King without any issues. Items arrived in to timely manner and always as listed.

On my last three orders, there have been problems. Either wrong merchandise, added charges billed without prior notice, or back ordered items without any notice that ends up delaying the entire order. I am still waiting on an order that was placed over three weeks ago for items that should be normal stock. My son has also encountered problems with orders. When he called to check on his last order, the attitude of the person answering the call was so poor he cancelled his order and placed it with another company.

I hope these are just freak coincidents and not a trend from a long time traditional supplier. Has anyone else had problems with Kustom King orders recently ?
" Aim small....miss small"
Dwyer Dauntless; Black Widow PSA & PA; Mike Sullivan "Shadow" Recurve.

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What is going on with Kustom King ?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 06:31:00 AM »
I placed another order this morning for items only they carry.  That's the only time I'll do it anymore.  I too have had wrong merchandise, delayed shipping with no notice, and an "oh well" attitude towards CS when I call in to Gabby.  Anything I order from them these days I do with the attitude that "eventually" it'll get here.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline tnbuckskinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 07:47:00 AM »
I may have got lucky but I ordered some things from them last week and they were here in 3 days.No problems at all.

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 07:51:00 AM »
Hopefully that's a sign things are "comin' round" Buckskinner.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »
I just ordered from them last week and everything was fine and came in a timely matter. That was the second time i bought from them ever and both times I had no trouble.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline pauljr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 08:09:00 AM »
I have been buying from them for almost 20 yrs. I have never had an issue and every time I order I have my stuff in 3 days. As far as there customer service I have never had to call about an issue but the times I have talked to them on the phone they have been great. As a matter of fact I dont buy from anybody else, not that other suppliers arent as good, just my expiance with them has been great and I enjoy doing buisness with them. As a matter of fact this week I will be placing a large order with them and have every confidence I will have no isssues. Just my two cents.....
PBS Associate Member

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I wont tolerate it" Woodrow F Call

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »
Just made an order and had the stuff in three days. Never any problems for me.

Offline LeverActionman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »
I have always had great CS with them and never a problem.

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
A few years ago I ordered a Damascus glove from them.a glove showed in three days, but it was their own brand of glove and not the one listed for sale.the only thing that was the same was the price.when I called to talk about it I was told that they were out of the glove I wanted, and that the one they sent was the"same thing”.  I stopped doing buisness with them then and have heard enough similar cases that I would never order from them again. there are other people that care far more about their customers and since it is my money,i chose to spend it elsewhere.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice; shame on me.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »
I have ordered a few things from them. Products came timely and were good products. My only issue with them is the very bad attitude of the lady i was talking to on the phone. She was very short and it left me thinking i was interrupting her from something. Won't order anymore.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Online Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
Sound to me like I am glad I use Lost Nation.
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »
I've had some good experiences, some bad. I'll admit I'm a bit hesitant to place an order with them if I know I can get it elsewhere.

Offline floodman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »
Just got my order from them,every thing perfect,Lady was like Aunt B on Mayberry,,I guess that is why there is so many flavors of Ice cream,,Some like Choc,so Vanalla..I personally Like Butter Pecan...   :cool:

Offline Chuck Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
I don't know about Kustom King; but for me, things have sometimes been hectic lately. I am getting lots of small orders for things like gloves, targets, and such. It's hard to keep everything in stock and not make mistakes when packing shipments. Throw in having to go to shoots as a vendor, keep up on making bows, and answering the phone constantly and I could see how someone could make mistakes. I've accidently switched labels, left items out of packages, and misplaced orders myself. It's a constant struggle to get things right and keep customers happy. It's also a constant struggle against old age and senility.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
I placed an order last week and everything came in just fine.I haven't had any problems with KK,I've bought from them for over 15 years.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 12:15:00 PM »
I have ordered from them.I waited an waited no order.I called an they told me it was back ordered.I waited a month they never called me to let me know.most of the time they are pretty good
I thought it was just one of those things.after reading other post I wonder.

Offline trick00

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
ive placed two orders from them in the last 9 months, no problem with one but with the other i had the exact same experience as plumber had above.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »
Sounds like "Duck Dynasty". " I can't fire ya'll, cuz your related to me!" If I had a bad experience with service, I'd call and ask to talk to Dale, but...all my experiences have been pleasant, accurate and professional.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Java Man

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
I have had nothing but excellent service and delivery from KK.

Gregg
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline atatarpm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
I can't even get a cat. from them and I've tried  three times. I just gave up trying.
Atatarpm   "Traditional Archery is a mastery of one's self ; not of things."
71# Qarbon Nano
67# T2 Blacktail
85lbs Bama
100lbs Bama
60lbs Big D's Long Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©