3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Western Larch Shafts/Arrows **Your Opinions and Pics, if you have'em.  (Read 213 times)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Let's see somes pics of your Larch shafts and arrows and hear some reviews if you have used this wood.

I'm particularly interested in the grain, stainability, ease of straightening, and toughness of the shaft.

Thanks.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
ttt

Guess these are kinda scarce.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline pauljr

• Trad Bowhunter
Three rivers carried them for a short time years ago. I thought they were a great shaft. The main advantage for me was that they were 33" long and with my long draw I could put a full length taper on them and mount a broad head. They were very easy to straighten, stayed strait, took finish well and were heavier than cedar. I was very dissapointed that they quit carrrying them. If i wasnt giving Snags shafting a honest go, i would be trying some of these western larch shafts
PBS Associate Member

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I wont tolerate it" Woodrow F Call

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
About 20 years ago I got some larch from Raven archery.  They were the best wood shafts I had found to that date.  Never have found any larch chafts that were close since. They were as good as surewood doug fir and about 50 grains heavier. Today, surewood premium doug fir is the only wood shaft I would recommend. I think there may be one or two other small producers out there, but none I have experience with.
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
Ive got a half a dozen purple heart footed larch unfinished. I finished a sold the other 6. They shot great.The grain is pretty tight on the ones i have. They stained very good. They are pretty heavy as my unfinished shafts weigh 580-589
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
I'll let you know soon, just ordered a doz from Jonathon with Kooteni river archery!!!!! He was very pleasant to deal with. I can see him becoming my supplier for sure
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I just ordered a couple dozen, we'll see how they work.

Eric

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
I got a few that Surewood and and they are tops.  Think in terms of an extra-dense Doug Fir.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©