3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bigshot Elk vs Bearpaw speed glove, what's your opinion  (Read 676 times)

Offline David lozzano

• Trad Bowhunter
Bigshot Elk vs Bearpaw speed glove, what's your opinion
« on: July 05, 2012, 12:39:00 AM »
Hi guys,
I'm trying to buy a new glove and I round it up to these two, what has been your experience with any of these gloves? I like the speed glove's design but the bigshot is also nice. I'm looking for better finger protection as my middle finger is sore from shooting every day.
JK traditions Kanati 60" 53#@28
Morrison ILF 56" 48#@28
selway lil magnum 58" 49@27
Black Widow PMAX 60" 51# @ 28
Stalker Jackal 58" 52# @ 28

Offline atatarpm

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bigshot Elk vs Bearpaw speed glove, what's your opinion
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:44:00 AM »
The Big Shot is a good glove offering good finger protection that I have used for three years now on bows from 40 to 80lbs.
Atatarpm   "Traditional Archery is a mastery of one's self ; not of things."
71# Qarbon Nano
67# T2 Blacktail
85lbs Bama
100lbs Bama
60lbs Big D's Long Bow

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 01:41:00 AM »
I been shooting my Big Shot for about 3 years too with bows around 50 lbs. It's a great glove. I cant say about the Bear Paw glove. I just got a Crossover glove  designed by our own Nate Steen aka sunset hill and I like that glove best best.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline AKCrazyhorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 02:05:00 AM »
Big shot.  No question

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 02:56:00 AM »
Big Shot Crossover!!!
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 03:47:00 AM »
The BIg Shot will last you for years and years, the Bearpaw one year if youre lucky.....

BigShot is the finest glove ive laid my hands on till now, cant go wrong with that one
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 05:35:00 AM »
I have had several Bearpaw gloves, The first had calf hair on the finger tips and it fell out in about 2 months and the stitching split..The second the blackglove and stitching is opening but still shootable the third well it's the speedglove and so far it's o.k. but took Kustom King 3 months to get it to me due to shipping container from Germany took forever to get here in the U.S. ...If it was me I would just go with the Big Shot...

Offline bulldog18

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
Been using the big shot for over a year now. I pretty much shoot daily and it looks like it is still new. No experience with the bearpaw other than reading others talk about the structure failure of these gloves shortly after buying them.
Howard Hill Red Hawk 68" 46@28
Howard Hill Big 5, 68" 50@28
Bamabows Tribute 68" 60@28
St. Patricks Lake Mushin Styk 45@28
Black Widow PSA 60" 46@28
Black Widow PL 47@28
St. Patrick’s Lake Northern Styk 68” 44@28

Offline Rod Cam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 12:09:00 PM »
Big shot crossover

Offline bansheewins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »
I just purchased my first Big Shot and received it last week.  I have used it for a week and love it.  Great finger protection as well.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach that man to fish and he will eat for a life time"

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »
Big Shot, as said, probably the best glove on the market. Offers great protection and still allows a good feel of the string. I'm also a big fan of the 3R DuraGlove, though above 60# it starts feeling a little thin.

Eric

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »
The Bigshot is to thick for me. Shot one for a year and sold it.

Been shooting the Bearpaw since last fall and it's a well made glove, slick and still as nice as the day I got it.

Guys that have not shot both should not post comments.
lll

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
Well, following that, the Bigshot I tried on didn't feel comfortable to me so I didn't buy it or try it. The Bearpaw Speedglove fits, shoots well, and is affordable. To me. YMMV
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
What has been your experience "WITH ANY" of these gloves? was his question... Killinstuff I shot 3 different Bearpaw gloves and still use one of them so I don't undestand why someone "should not post comments" ... He did ask "With any" and I'm not certain who you are referring to that shouldn't comment and I'm glad your bearpaw works for you cause my third one also works but I waited 3 months for it..I tried 3 so far and I think I gave bearpaw the benefit of the doubt by giving them a couple more chances and letting them recieve my hard earned money...So I think I have a right to comment and  I did ...Now I never shot a Big shot and if he did ask for a comment on who Had tried both style of gloves then I could understand why you wrote that but for now I'm leaving my comment about my experience if that's o.k. ?  
                              Keefers <><

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 07:53:00 PM »
I've got both and prefer the Bearpaw.  The Big Shot is well made, but I don't like the thick seams along the edge of the fingers.  They put pressure right on the cuticle of my index finger and it's very uncomfortable to me.  I shoot split finger, this would not be a problem for a three under shooter.

I've only had the Bearpaw for a few months now, but it is wearing well.  The Big Shot looks like it will last as long as any glove and longer than most, very heavy and well made.

Both work but are very different.  I like the Dura Glove too, but both that I have had the fingers twisted up pretty bad.  Over all I'd say the Bearpaw Speed Glove is my favorite.

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »
I have 3 big shot gloves. Bought the first one about 5 yrs ago and still you us it today. Great gloves.

Gilbert
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »
I purchased a Big Shot in the Buffalo hide with the added material in the finger stalls and just don't care for it.  I much prefer the Duraglove from 3Rivers.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by Easykeeper:
I've got both and prefer the Bearpaw.  The Big Shot is well made, but I don't like the thick seams along the edge of the fingers.  They put pressure right on the cuticle of my index finger and it's very uncomfortable to me.  I shoot split finger, this would not be a problem for a three under shooter.

I've only had the Bearpaw for a few months now, but it is wearing well.  The Big Shot looks like it will last as long as any glove and longer than most, very heavy and well made.

Both work but are very different.  I like the Dura Glove too, but both that I have had the fingers twisted up pretty bad.  Over all I'd say the Bearpaw Speed Glove is my favorite.
Agree...I have both and I don't care for the thick seams on the tips of your fingers of the Big Shot and the finger pads are much thicker. I got a BearPaw a few months ago and really like it. Not sure how it will hold up but if it tears up I'm buying another. The Big Shot is to bulky and thick for me with my 50 lb bows. Would be a great glove for heavier bows though.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by killinstuff:

Guys that have not shot both should not post comments.
He did say "any of these" which where I went to school we was taught it means any one as in one or more. Are you sponsored by Bearpaw?
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline jmrsyrs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
I really like the way you can "feel" the string with the bearpaw. Never tried the bigshot so can't comment on that.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©