3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Update (Round 2) 1st attempt at frogging with a bow  (Read 343 times)

Offline Adam S. Daugherty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Update (Round 2) 1st attempt at frogging with a bow
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 01:27:00 PM »
sullys bowfishing stuff used to have frog point for an arrow.  I tried one not much pumkin, didn't last long.  If shooting in deep (arrow loosing) water get you an AMS retriever reel, plain 5/16 fiberglass shaft, and muzzy point.  It will get you in the frog shooting business.  If bank or shallow water shooting, any arrow with field point and you are in the frog shooting business.  If you plan to do much aquatic shooting whether frogs, fish, etc you will not be disapointed in the investment of an AMS reel.  Nothing out there compares.  If you dont want to drill your bow electrical tape will work fine.  I busted 2 bowfishing recurves one night and the fish were out and couldnt stop and I taped my retriver onto my takedown shafer silvertip and kept on shooting.  If you ever get a chance to pick up a silvertip for less than $100 they make fine bowfishing bows too.  So everyone doesn't think I am crazy, the reel and tape have been removed from the ST and more bowfishing bows have been acquired.

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
A Shafer yie.. yie.. Yie  :scared:  for bowfishing!  I went ahead and order a PSE Kingfisher bowfishing kit last night and later on can purchase the AMS reel if I get into more bow fishing.  The Kingfisher kit seemed to be  the way to go and more economical than piecing togather several components.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Adam S. Daugherty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »
you will like the king fisher.  I have about 3 of them that are 50 pounds.  They are tough and good fishing bows with many holes in them for fishing gadgets.  The only draw back to them is they do get heavy after a while when crusing.  Be fine for frogs the weight shouldnt bother you.  One thing that I might add and it is the most important piece of equipment for fishing that you can have is what ever arrow you decide on make sure that you use a saftey slide system.  DO NOT just tie the line to the back of the arrow.  Go ahead and spend another 60 bucks and get you a retriever reel headed your way.  You will not be disapointed and you will be set with a retriever and kingfisher.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©