3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rocky Miller bows  (Read 163 times)

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
Rocky Miller bows
« on: July 07, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »
Just wondering if any of you still shoot Rocky Miller longbows or recurves? My Rocky Miller Bridger Mtn. longbow has been hanging on the rack for quite some time now, today I took it down, strung it up and shot 6 for 6 in a 6 inch  group at 18 yrds.
Not bad for an old bow made in Sept. of 89, cold off the rack.    :thumbsup:

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rocky Miller bows
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 05:11:00 PM »
Rocky's Bridger Mtn is one of the finest longbows ever made, IMO.   I have a couple of them and still get them out and shoot em every once in a while.  My son Boone shoots his (my old one, and first longbow ever) regularly and likes to hunt with it.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »
One of Mark's was originally mine; got too heavy for me. I also had a Heritage recurve years ago. Went to Rocky's shop in the basement of some business on Main St. in Bozeman back in the day. I still have one of his armguards, even though I don't shoot using an armguard any more.
What ever happened to Rocky, anyhow?
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 06:11:00 PM »
centaur, id be interested to know the answer to that question myself.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
I shot Rocky's bows for years. I had his Heritage then Rocky sent me one of his Predator recurves. I took my biggest buck with that bow. Sold it a few years ago to a fellow in Texas when Rocky quit the business.

A fellow in PA took over the business for maybe 2 yrs then stopped making bows. Rocky's bows were smooth, fast and very pointable. Sure wish he was still making them.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »
I had one of his Predators and sold it a while back....it got too heavy for me. One of the nicest shooting bows I ever owned. As I understand it Rocky had health issues related to the chemicals and dust from making  bows and had to close up. Too bad the fellow that bought him out stopped as well.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Rusty Izatt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
I have a 56" Mountain Bow that I purchased in 1991 from Butlers Field Sports when they were a dealer for Rocky's bows. Great little bow. It is the bow in the bow case in my avitar.

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 04:24:00 PM »
I think Rocky quit for health reasons, and perhaps a bit of "burnout".....he moved to New Mexico to be closer to family, and still was doing a bit of guiding fly-fisherman.   His Dad recently passed away, and Bob Savage saw
Rocky when he came back to Bozeman for his funeral.  

Rocky offered me the biz when he decided to quit, and I declined at the time, and Duane Shoemaker (can't remember his last name) took it over and then moved it back to Pennsylvania, and it seemed to die there.  I also have one of his Mtn. bows....but I liked the Bridger Mtn. best.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
I've got a Bridger Mountain Sacajawea. Very nice bow that slings a fast arrow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©