3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Zipper Limb Question  (Read 188 times)

Offline Bowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
Zipper Limb Question
« on: July 08, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »
Can any body tell me if Zipper limbs are interchangeable or do they need to be fitted to the riser? I have a standard riser with the ser.# 120629 that I would like to try and find some new limbs for.

Thanks
Freedom isn't Free!

U.S. Army Retired

Offline Joe Subler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Zipper Limb Question
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 01:36:00 PM »
Bowhuntr,  just get hold of Bill at Zipper.  He is always more than helpful and will answer your question.

Joe
62" Mohawk  53#@27"

Offline Bowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 01:41:00 PM »
That's the next step, but being Sunday and all, a guy's got to take a break sometime, and I figured someone here would know.

Thanks
Freedom isn't Free!

U.S. Army Retired

Offline yaderehey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
Well, I'm no expert but from my experience limbs built for the standard and extreme risers are all compatible with each other.  Even from RH to LH risers.  Limbs that are rated for a standard riser will be 3#'s heavier on an extreme riser and vice versa.  I think it all changes when you go to the newer riser designs like the SXT, ZSR and Nitro.  I know Nitro longbow limbs won't work on a standard or extreme riser because I talked to Bill about it not too long ago.  Hope that helps somewhat.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
Sure Bill will be happy to help you out. It's my understanding that limbs for the newer SXT and ZSR risers will not work on the Standard or Extreme riser. The SXT and ZSR have a narrower  profile, so the limbs are not as wide. The Nitro is a completely different animal. It isn't compatable with any of the other Zipper bows.

Bill

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jwilliam:
Sure Bill will be happy to help you out. It's my understanding that limbs for the newer SXT and ZSR risers will not work on the Standard or Extreme riser. The SXT and ZSR have a narrower  profile, so the limbs are not as wide. The Nitro is a completely different animal. It isn't compatable with any of the other Zipper bows.

Bill
Bill, has it correct.  :thumbsup:  
Thank you folks for helping out.
Bill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©