3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Safari Tuff Arrowmaster and/or Dukier owners sound off!  (Read 383 times)

Offline AngelDeVille

• Trad Bowhunter
Safari Tuff Arrowmaster and/or Dukier owners sound off!
« on: July 08, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
There don't seem to be many for sale used, I take that as a good sign!

For anyone that has owned both, is the only difference the accessory pocket, and end cover?

It looks like the end cover is an option for the Dukier.

I had another thread, and other than bow quivers this was the most mentioned quiver, and it looks like what I'm looking for.
Sent via two tin cans connected by a string and a jailbroken Atari 2600

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Safari Tuff Arrowmaster and/or Dukier owners sound off!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
I believe the Dukier is a bit smaller in diameter. but not by a whole bunch. I went to the dukier from the arrowmaster because I also wear a backpack and just didn't need the accessory pocket. You really can't go wrong with either of them.
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Offline FarmerMarley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
I prefer the duiker and use it at 3d shoots and for practice all the time. The big arrowmaster I tried  the pocket was not that useful for me. I actually plan on selling or trading it at some point.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »
I love my Arrowmaster, pocket and all--I use it for hunting and tournaments.  A friend has the Duiker--he loves it too.  The Duiker is a bit smaller, no pocket.  I use my pocket for everything.  Great for bug dope, keys, etc. on local hunts...I use it for pencils, scorecards, bottle of water, etc. at tournaments.  Best quiver I've used, bar none.

Chad

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »
I use the Arrowmaster.

It is not only great when hunting, but if you have a takedown it can also hold your bow when packing in and out or dragging out game.  

Here is mine on a DIY elk hunt. My two piece longbow is in the camo fleece sleeve in the quiver with my arrows.

TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline AngelDeVille

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 05:07:00 PM »
Ohh yes I should mention my arrows are 34" OAL will either model be long enough to keep them covered with the end cover?
Sent via two tin cans connected by a string and a jailbroken Atari 2600

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
I did not like the Safari tuff for my elk hunt last year and I sold it. That was a mistake because it's great for stumping and 3-D, so I just bought a used one. You have to try one to decicde if you like it or not!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
They dont show up used often and they go pretty quick when they  do. I picked up one used this spring and like it so far, I got for an alternate to my backquiver, I dont like bow quivers on my Hill bows.

Eric

Offline Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
What LBR and Westbrook said .
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »
"Ohh yes I should mention my arrows are 34" OAL will either model be long enough to keep them covered with the end cover?"

I know the Arrowmaster will, and I think the Duiker will also.  Might have to opt for the longer fletching cover--just ask Rod and he'll take care of it for you.

Ron, Rod is always looking for ways to improve his products.  If you can point out what went wrong, he'll try to fix it.  I've used mine in CO and NM for elk--couldn't ask for better (for me).

Chad

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
I really like my Arrowmaster.  I used to think they were too big looking, but I was wrong.   finally broke down and ordered one.  It is very light.  I forget it's on my shoulder.  It's a super product.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »
The Arrowmaster is our go to quiver for John, Jason and me.  It's the only one we trust for backcountry pack in or fly in hunts.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »
When it is time to go hunting, the Arrowmaster will be with me. I like the compartment; carries my license, extra string, camera, marking tape, etc. I like being able to carry lots of arrows, both broadhead and judo, and keep the fletching dry. Overall, just a great quiver.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
I have both; for my style of hunting the Duiker works very well. They are top notch !

Offline Cato

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »
I used to make my own tube quivers until I broke down and bought he Arrowmaster.  Love it.  Never tried the Duiker though.
Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
If your arrows are 34" end to end they will fit in the Arrowmaster.

Like Centaur said the extra pocket on the Arrowmaster comes in handy.

Inside the larger pouch is another small zippered pouch. I put my license, extra sting, extra shooting glove and some elastic bands (in case I have bulky clothes on) in there. If I need a stringer for the bow I am using I put that in the small zippered pouch also.

I keep my arm guard, shooting glove and a pair of wool gloves I use when hunting in the large pouch. The bow hand wool glove has the fingers cut off for my shooting glove to protrude.

I know if I have my bow and quiver I have everything I need to hunt and that I didn't leave anything in camp.

For me it works out great especially doing back country hunts.

Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 11:24:00 AM »
I have the Duiker, can't believe you would need to hold more arrows than it holds, I purchased the cover as well, do not need another pocket, I use a backpack when hunting.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 11:40:00 AM »
"Inside the larger pouch is another small zippered pouch."

Just a side note--the inner pouch has been eliminated on the latest model.  The camo is updated, as is the shoulder strap and the "spine" of the quiver.  I didn't think it could get any better, but Rod is never satisfied with "good enough".

Offline wigeon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 11:51:00 AM »
Seems everybody who has one really likes them.I just ordered one the duiker model yesterday, my only concern is arrows rattling together, do any of you guys have this problem?

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 12:35:00 PM »
It has foam in the bottom--just push the points into it.  No rattle problems here.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©