3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many shots does it take you ?  (Read 365 times)

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
How many shots does it take you ?
« on: July 08, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »
OK here's the deal I use to shoot a wheeled bow and very well I might add, so at the pro shop I used we would make bets (dollar a shot) to see how long it took to hit a 1/2" fishing floater hanging from a string a foot in front of the target. I dont own a wheeled bow any more so I disided it was time to start doing with my trad gear.At 15yds it took 7 shots I could move the string sometimes but on the 7th shoot it busted lot of fun it ya got some old 50cent floaters laying around. Tomorrow I'm backing up to 20yds so how many shots would it take you.  Mike

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many shots does it take you ?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 07:45:00 PM »
Depending on the day, anywhere from 1 to 100.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Kamm1004

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by jsweka:
HAHA x2 for sure!
Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and your bow and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me.- Genesis 27:3

Offline Bob B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
My son and I shoot dandilions in the yard with Judos.  We also shoot pingballs and pieces of foam ( painted remants of a long destroyed 3D target ).  The foam ranges from 1 to 3 inch pieces.  We shoot from 15 to 30 yards.  Mostly we get scarry close, but some days it is awesome how often we hit it.

One of our favorite games is to hit a deer shoulder from last years butchering ( usually 20 - 25 steps).  We have a contest who can hit it the most times. We shoot 3 arrows and then collect them, who ever hit it the most or got the closest goes first the next round.  Eventually, we end up shooting the pieces until there just is not really anything left to hit.  It is real fun when competeing against someone like my 18 year old son.

I am not sure if this correlates to hunting, but it is a blast and a great way to hang with my boy.  PS, My daughter plays at times too.  Today we all three did.  I might have to find some old bobbers and add that to the game - cool.

Bob.
66"  Osage Royale    57lbs@29
68"  Shrew Hill      49lbs@29
68"  Deathwish       51lbs@29
68"  Morning Star    55lbs@29
68"  Misty Dawn      55lbs@29

Offline Ty-bone727

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
Haha I'm not sure I could do that in 100 shots

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 08:22:00 PM »
I stuck a sweetgum ball in the target yesterday and hit it with one shot at around 17 yds. Thats about the size of a small float.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
1 shot.   :bigsmyl:
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
We uswed to take a wiffle golf ball and hang it by string a couple foot in front of the back stop.
    Swing it and see who could pin it to the wall....Be surprised how many times we'd hit it..
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline critman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
Best so far @20 yds:
7 shots to nail hanging lifsaver
20+ to nail the hanging asprin. On that shot one of my wife's friends thought I had been bit by a snake! I did celebrate pretty loud. Yahoooo!!!

Offline Schafer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »

Well I had some time and I happened to have a rather small bobber so I decided to give it ago. The video above is me trying to hit it.

All I'll say is that I definitely didn't do it in
 7 shots.

Schafer
“There’s more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” - Fred Bear

53@29 Randy Morin Banshee
66@29 Schafer Silvertip

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
Put a blower/hair dryer blowing into a piece of PVC pipe pointed strait up, the air coming out will suspend a ping pong ball in mid air bobbing around...

Eric

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
I thought it was fun Schaf you got really really close a bunch of times in the first 10 shots. Tomorrow I am gonna make a video at 20yds just to see if I can do it. Also that bobber that Schaf used is the size I use.  Mike

Offline Schafer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »
Ill try at 20 tomorrow too. I think it might take a couple more tries though.    :goldtooth:  

Schafer
“There’s more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” - Fred Bear

66@29 Schafer Silvertip

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »
First off this is just for fun and I am by no means a good shot I got lucky this morning and i hope I get lucky at 20yds tomorrow LOL Also Schaf how did you edit you video with the numbers and the little noise thing. And you cut some of the video out when you reteived the arrows it didnt show that how did you do all of that.

Offline Schafer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
I sent you a you a pm rezeen6.5

Im also happy you posted this thread. It finally gave me a way to practice that is more fun then just going out to shoot at my target.

Schafer

66@29 Schafer Silvertip

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »
You now the old saying aim small miss small well a person  can get really good at 3d targets by shooting at really small things like a ball or bobber but all of this for me is for hunting season and to beat my buddys at the 3d course LOL.  Mike  

I have a problem shooting at my bag targets and keeping my focus on a spot ,but this makes it more interesting I think.

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
I love to hang a tennis ball on a string and shoot it. It's pretty easy to hit so it helps my confidence. I have threaded washers at 15 yrds. a few times. I'm not saying I'm a great shot I just shoot alot.    :)  
I need to get a good video recorder. Everytime I save up to buy one I end up buying archery equipment.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Hoofhearted

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »
never tried before, but now it has my interest -- gonna try it soon

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 12:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by jsweka:
There is your answer!!!!

I've done this same game with golf wiffle balls many times.

Bisch

Offline Schafer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
I just went out and shot it at 20, I think I may have nicked it on shot 14 but I definitely hit it on 15. I thought it was going to take more then that for sure.

Schafer

66@29 Schafer Silvertip

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©