3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Onestringers wrap design program!!!!  (Read 341 times)

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
Onestringers wrap design program!!!!
« on: July 12, 2012, 06:11:00 PM »
Well I just finished up designing some new wraps on "Onestringers" site, and I have to say it was a very positive experience   :knothead:    :knothead:  duhhh.

If you use wraps on your arrows, you need to check this new feature out it is really cool!!! I will post some pics of my new wraps when they arrive, I am also looking forward to  seeing some really cool designs in the near future.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Onestringers wrap design program!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »
I agree. I think they have hit a home run with this one. The possibilities are endless  :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »
Same here.  Easy as pie.  Sent a few suggestions/long term goals, but man it was pretty painless.

Y'all go git ya sum!!!!!

I just thought of something.  It sure would be nice to be able to save your design for later.  Was that an option?
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
I ordered several dozen cause I wasnt sure if I could pull up my past designs. If you go into your order history, you can see what you have ordered in the past, so Im sure you could just order more.

Offline swamprat26

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 07:43:00 PM »
Just took my turn with Soctt's experiment.  you can tell he put some time in this and it worked as easy as could be for such a custom product.

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 01:07:00 AM »
Well, since Adam got the input post going thought I would add my comment here as well and send them also to Scott by PM.

Ok sir here is my part of the bargain, some feedback.

1. First off was trying to figure out how to register a new user account.  I know this is not part of the design feature but to use it the instructions were to login. And to do so as a first time user you need an account.  It took me a few minutes to figure how to register a new account.  Perhaps a separate button labeled “New Account” would be helpful, just a thought.
2. Once in I was able to navigate pretty easily through the options, seemed to be self explanatory for the most part.  I actually found the pop up notes a little bit of a hindrances except for the one directing you to color options with cresting bars etc...
3. As for the width size drop down options, wasn’t sure what size I needed and that took me a few minutes to locate the information from the F.A.Q button.  Again if this was somehow connected to this feature it would be more helpful.
4. A note to the user to be sure that they are completely through before proceeding to checkout may again be helpful...it should go without saying but as a tester ...ahem not that I would make such a mistake to hit the proceed to checkout button to then realize that one more change was needed to attempt that change only to have everything somehow erase... ahem...but it could happen, just saying.

Overall a pleasant experience but like someone else mentioned that if you don’t go in with a design in mind you may spend 2 hours playing around...but that's a good thing for you, more time spent may equal more money spent!

John Langley (South MS Bowhunter)
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 05:19:00 AM »
Tried on my iPad, no dice.  Will try again on a pc.

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
I tried it from my Mac and it worked great. Designed a wrap with a couple fades, tiger stripe, in pink. Should be interesting to see the final product.

Thanks one stringer !
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline tking308

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 10:56:00 PM »
I can't seem to find the option for this on the website. Where is it?

Offline tking308

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »
To answer my own question, you must log in first.

Offline wasapt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 06:57:00 AM »
Played for 30 minutes, couldn't get it figured out.... I love traditional wraps, favorite being the red, blue, yellow and orange as a primary color plus the other color being white...if I had each of these 4 wraps, that would be all I need. Buying them from a certain supply house with the State of Alaska in the name is way too expensive plus they don't have them in various widths... Anybody willing to help design these?
bryce olson

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 07:02:00 AM »
I was impressed by the number of choices, I was designing for hours, great product and one of a kind.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline misfire

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »
I went in and checked it out...I like it!

I will most definately be using it on my next order. Thanks for making this option available.

:clapper:
Mark

"The shortest distance from the earth to your mouth is the best." ~Wendell Berry~

Offline Hippie Chris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
I like the folks at One stringer A lot. Vary good people.
"Sneak and Destroy"

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »
I'll tell you how good they are. I placed and order for goods a while back and they were a little late on the order. When my order came so did the money I paid for it.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
I am not doing so good on my design work.

I want to lay a diamond plate pattern down and then fade it into white, then add a crest.

I can't change colors on anything I pick.

I can't get the crest pattern I want set up.

One thing that would be nice on the drop down menus (that ARE very helpful) is to highlight or detail what width is for what type arrow (Axis, Gold Tip, 21xx-23xx aluminum for instance)

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
Folks,

Just got back from vacation, kind of did that on purpose.  

Some of the suggestions have already been implemented.  Such as a ruler, and the color changer, and base colors, and viewing order history.  Still weeding through all the suggestions so far I will respond as soon as I can.

Steve O everything you stated above is possible.  I will try to walk you through it.

Step 1 Diamond Plate Background
Step 2 Images, select fade
Step 3 Color selecter below the fade, select and change color
Step 4 Images cresting bars, change the color just like you did the fade.

Made this in about a minute.

The design feature won't be for everyone.  We will still always continue to take custom requests, this feature is just for those that want to take a shot at designing their own.
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Offline duffer1565

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 07:54:00 PM »
Just got done trying it out . I think it is really cool to be able to design your own wraps at basically the touch of a button. I found that for myself it was very easy to navigate thu and make a custom wrap in only a few minutes. I have to add that I can see it taking people a long time with all the options if you don't have some type of idea in your head already, not that it is a bad thing . Thanks very much for the chance to try it out and I will be making more custom wraps for sure !
60" Firefly 48#@28"
60" Big Jim Buffalo 48#@28"

58" BW PSA IV 48# @ 28"
58" Firefly Messenger Static Recurve 47# @ 28"

Offline tking308

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »
Did my own design this morning.  This was VERY easy and nice to be able to get exactly what I wanted and see how it's going to look.  I kept it simple, white base, "Cresting" is actually a picture of a Marine Corps ribbon (Desert Storm) on the front end of wrap and "Semper Fi" in yellow outlined in red on the back end.  The ruler would have been nice to make sure the "cresting" is the length I wanted.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 10:43:00 PM »
Well, I guess I am one of the "challenged" ones   :D    

I sent you a PM for more help.

I have a new one for you.  I tried to upload a pic to add into a white background.  The picture did not show when I clicked on the left side.  Only when I was giving up to start over and clicked the red x next to the image box did the image show...and then it was gone!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©