3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: endless loop string  (Read 108 times)

Offline Mushin

• Trad Bowhunter
endless loop string
« on: July 12, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »
Have been shooting a "skinny" string for about 4 months and with the heat we've been having i would loose up to a half inch of brace ht. Got a 14 strand 8125 endless loop from M&R bowstrings.No strech and My bow is much much more quiet.Ican't believe the difference.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: endless loop string
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 01:18:00 AM »
I switched to endless as well and sticking with them.  I like angel majesty materil myself. Also got away from skinny strings, seem to shoot more accurate with the thicker ones
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 06:21:00 AM »
For the past year I have primarily shot Josh Sowersby's (OliverStacy) strings with excellent results.  Prior to that I had a Toelke Whip with Dan's endless loop string on it.....quiet!

About a month ago I ordered two of 3R's Lazer strings to test.  Boy am I impressed.  They're somewhat of a hybrid between endless loop and flemish.  Made of 16 strands of Astroflight, these strings don't stretch at all....maybe 1/16" in the first 20 shots and that's it.  I've put over 2000 shots through two strings and they've made my two take down longbows scary quiet with just two small wool puff silencers.  I did have to put a drop of superglue on the bottom of the center serving of one string to keep it from untwisting when I waxed the string, but that's the only issue I've had.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
Endless/continuous loop strings have become a lot more popular lately, based on my orders.  I still prefer flemish on my longbow, but I have an endless on a recurve or two.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©