3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: McAlester Ammo Depot - Boggy Creek  (Read 155 times)

Offline bjhunt4ever

• Trad Bowhunter
McAlester Ammo Depot - Boggy Creek
« on: July 13, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »
My two hunting buddies and I got drawn in for a hunt in Boggy creek for November 9-11 this year.  We are new to this area and have always heard it was really good hunting.  Anyone have any advice on where would be good spots to try for?
"You Can't Learn Any Younger"

Offline Masham Man

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: McAlester Ammo Depot - Boggy Creek
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
I'll be in boggy the weekend before you, but it's the first time I've hunted that area.
Daniel

Offline b1indhog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 07:53:00 PM »
Drew boggy last year for my first ever controlled hunt. Got lucky and drew it again this year. I'll be there the 2nd-4th Nov. Be glad to help you if I can. I gotta go right now. getting texts wondering where I'm at. Just love technology.

Offline b1indhog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 02:25:00 PM »
This is what I think I'm going to look at this year. I'm going to try and stay closer to the bunkers. I got away from them last year. didn't start seeing much till I moved back to where the bunkers met the fire break. I was told that the fire breaks are usually planted with wheat. Not much took on it last year due to the drought,so I was told. If you have a map I was down the 2nd row of 27at
If I end up farther west in the unit there are supposed to be some wheat fields. The guys I was with had hunted them before and felt or heard that they were still there. they marked them on my map for me anyways. If you've started looking at the aerials you should see some tree lines running N & S out of the bear trap and hominy. I remember these being a hot topic the night before. Don't remember if anything was taking out of those but defiantly worth a look.
I also remember that due to a live range the area S. of RD6 and N. of ashland rd was closed.
Seemed to me that S. of Brown Lake was awfully crowded too.

Offline bjhunt4ever

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 09:57:00 AM »
We have been doing a lot of searching and think that the area south of Brown lake looks great but hope that it isn't overrun with hunters.  Thanks for all the info.  Really excited about getting out there and seeing what we can find this year.

Offline tex-archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
I pass by that area all the time for work. I work for the railroad and stay at Mcalester. Maybe I should look into an out of state license.
Aim small, miss small!!

Offline bjhunt4ever

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 03:50:00 PM »
yes you should. It is a great hunt.  Lots of great bucks and plenty of does to hunt too.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©