3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Summit tree stand paint peeling  (Read 147 times)

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
Summit tree stand paint peeling
« on: July 14, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
Just bought a Summit Open Shot last week through Amazon. Noticed a few places where the paint had chipped off during shipping and didn't think too much about it.I was messing around with the stand today and noticed that a LOT of paint is chipping away. Seems like the slightest touch and the paint is coming off.
I know I could send it back for a refund/exchange but I'd really rather not as our season starts in just 2 weeks. And I like the stand! As long as the paint coming off isn't indicative of some sort of structural problem I'll probably just zap it with a spray can and not worry. Just curious as to if anybody else has run into this.
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Summit tree stand paint peeling
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
I have had it happen to all my summits that I have owned. If you want send them a email and I bet they will send you a new one no questions asked. You will justhave to send back your stand in the bow with a shipping label they provide for you.
I love Bow Hunting

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »
my stands have chipped a little here and there over the years so i went and bought a couple cans of the rubber paint in a can and sanded the old paint off and sprayed the stand using small branches as a pattern and it worked great, plus it made the platform have a little more grip for my boots
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 12:32:00 AM »
Yep both my Summits did it. I just got some Krylon paint and did it up. I sold them both last year cause I couldn't climb anymore.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 08:37:00 AM »
Had this problem before to me but my stands were at least 5 years old.I went to walmart and bought some camo krylon paint.They look better than factory now.
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum    52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
Thanks guys.
Sounds like I'm not the only one out there that this is happening to.I'll grab a can of krylon next trip to Lowes and not worry about it.
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©