3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Limb Bolt quiver vs. Strap-On quivers  (Read 270 times)

Offline Str8Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Limb Bolt quiver vs. Strap-On quivers
« on: August 04, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »
I'm looking for some feedback on limb bolt quivers vs. strap on styles. I currently have a Great Northern Adjustable and it really seems to affect tuning with my bows. Do the limb bolt varieties seem to change things as much as the strap-on? Which bolt on is considered the best? I want quiet and sturdy.

Thanks,

Chris

Online snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Limb Bolt quiver vs. Strap-On quivers
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »
I have a Selway bolt-on style on my TD recurve that works great. No noise or difference with or without it...just added weight. I like the idea that it doesn't fit on the limbs, but attaches right on top of the where the limbs attach to the riser anyway.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »
I've got 3 bows fitted with limb bolt quivers. 2 Selways & 1 Thunderhorn. I've not noticed any difference whatsoever in the shooting characteristics, other than making the bows slightly quieter & reducing handshock. I've had to change absolutely nothing on any of the bows (Pronghorn/Selway, Navajo/Selway, Horne Combo longbow/Thunderhorn) or arrows whatsoever. They all seem to shoot sweeter with the quivers fitted.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 08:21:00 AM »
Take a look at German Ridge. No bolts or straps. Easy on and off.
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline insttech1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »
I'll use a Selway or Thunderhorn pretty much any time...either a Selway slide-on or bolt-on, or the Thunderhorn strap.

I like the slide-on if I can get it WAY past the fades...

I don't like the GN quivers...and if I take one in trade, it goes right back on the block.

Take Care,
Marc
"When you catch Hell--DROP IT!!  When you're going thru Hell--DON'T STOP!!"

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »
I've used Great Norther strap-ons for years, on everything from an old short Bear bow to my own slender longbows, and never once any difference in bow performance, except the extra weight (of any bow quiver in fact)seems to steady me down a bit. I recently got a Thunderhorn with rubber grips and it too has no notable influence on how any of my bows shoot.

Offline Str8Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »
Thanks for the info.

I think I'll have to try a bolt on quiver. I've got everything tuned really well. Arrows tipped with Snuffer 160's shoot perfect with no quiver on. But when I strap on the GN the exhibit fishtailing and fly erratically. Take it off, perfect.

Thanks again.

Chris

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©