3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Intro: Hill Country's Miss Hope and Faith....(roster added on page 2)  (Read 7293 times)

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Intro: Hill Country's Miss Hope and Faith....(roster added on page 2)
« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
Well Faith has made it to Virginia!

She actually got here Monday, but I didn't have time to pick her up until today.

Got her strung up and my nock point set and started shooting.  Wow!  The grip is probably the best feeling recurve grip I've ever put my hands on.  Really fits me well.  As expected, the craftsmanship is spectacular.

Opened up my little work shop where I can get 12 yards to the rock wall on the porch and started shooting.  This is one quiet recurve!  Hmmmm...

After a couple of 3 shot rounds, here is what I ended up with.

Anxious to get Faith out in the field, will have just a bit of time tomorrow evening to see if Simmons Interceptor Safaris will work well with the arrows I'll be shooting.

Virginia's gun deer season went out (in this part of the state) Saturday and bow season came back in Monday.  December is the month that has lots of opportunities as virtually every season is open at this time of the year.

Oh!  Almost forgot....will be taking Faith to a family reunion this weekend...you won't want to miss those photos....I'll give you a hint...it's not my family, it's hers.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline HawkeyeArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #261 on: December 05, 2012, 03:00:00 PM »
Sounds like a great time of year to be in the timber in virginia! looking forward to some pictures from the adventure!

Online chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #262 on: December 06, 2012, 01:14:00 AM »
Hey Ken that bow looks familiar !  Enjoy your time with the Faith bow.
"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #263 on: December 06, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
Miss Hope arrived safe and sound in Indiana today. I didn't have much daylight but it seems my arrow guess was pretty good. So far I'm very impressed with this bow. Quick, Quiet, and smooth.

Weatherman is calling for rain and warm temps for the next few days but I should get out this weekend. We have another new bow in the house this week as well. So one day will probably be devoted to my balloon popping crew.  :D  

I hope Hope can witness a Indiana shark attack(Thanks Owlbait)!

This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

« Reply #264 on: December 06, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
Good luck to you both, Rob & Ken!

Bisch

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #265 on: December 06, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »
Well, don't tell anyone, but I snuck out just a little early from work yesterday.  Shot Faith with some broadheads, and, well, decided to go hunting.
The arrow I've settled on is a 30" AD Trad with 100 gr. insert and 205 gr. Simmons Interceptor Safari.
It was great to be out and Faith was a joy to carry.  Felt good to be heading out to one of my blinds without a bunch of gear hanging off of me.  No better feeling than walking into the stand.
After getting settled, I figured out one reason I felt the way I did about all the excess gear is that I had left my camera laying in the back of my truck...LOL...oh well...mark 1 up against me.
I got settled in a blind we repositioned about a week ago.  It overlooks a hayfield that is 6-8 acres in size.
I took a few photos from the blind with the camera on my cell phone, but it really couldn't handle the contrast very well.
The only photo that was halfway usable is one of me in the blind.

At 4:30, 2 does entered the field about 150 yards away.  They fed slowly across the field.  They had closed the distance to 55 yards, when the guy from the neighboring farm drove the fence line feeding cattle.  Well, needless to say, the 2 does didn't tolerate that and exited the field stage left.

Plans are to get out with Faith again this weekend, but then won't be able to hunt until the week before Christmas.

Oh, and I'll be posting pics of that family reunion a little later!
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #266 on: December 06, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »
No hunting with Faith this evening.  We had a family reunion of sorts to get to.

I joined tradgang in 2006.  Really just gotten serious about it though in the past 3 years or so.  Sad to say, however, last year was the first year I really paid attention to the St. Jude's auction and to the Hope and Faith bows.
Since my "discovery" last year, I've read all the the Hope and Faith threads.  It is a marvelous idea that obviously lots of our members follow pretty intently.
Last year, after becoming nearly infatuated with Miss Faith 2012, I was fortunate enough to win her during the auction.
Fast forward to this year....when Curt confirmed to me that I would be receiving Faith this December, I knew I had to treat the two gals to a short "family reunion".  So, tonight, I took a bit of time to get the 2 cousin bows out and take some photos of them together.

Both of these bows are quality pieces of equipment.  The attention to detail on them is unbelievable.  But, what strikes me is how different of an experience shooting each of them is.  Both are fast, quiet, and shock free, but the experience in shooting both is just so different.

What strikes me about this year's bow is how it is such a neat, compact, little powerhouse of a bow.  This photo shows the risers side-by-side.

I feel very fortunate to have 2 of the finest bows made in my house that are being used for such a wonderful cause as St. Judes.  These are 2 bows that are so different from each other, but share the commonalities of being dedicated  to help the kids.  Two bows that share little except excellent craftsmanship and the name:  Faith. Two bows that I truly feel honored to have in my possession at the same time even if it won't be but for just the month of December.
Ken Adkins

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #267 on: December 07, 2012, 07:46:00 PM »
Good stuff Ken, I agree about the 2 bows being very different.  Good luck!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #268 on: December 07, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
Looks like we have a potential bidder on our hands...again!

Great posts Ken.

I too was fortunate to have handled both last year's and this year's Faiths. Although very different bows, the craftsmanship given to each by their creators was equal in passion and detail.

Look out St. Jude 2013 Faith auction bidders  :)
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #269 on: December 08, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
Got out this evening for the first time with Hope. More of a quick scouting trip with some stumping.

I have been wearing plaid most of the year but figured since my date showed up in camo I should do the same. I'm really liking this bow!

I hope this guy is still around.

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #270 on: December 09, 2012, 03:05:00 PM »
wow Rob is that from a deer?

Yes, I hope you find what ever did that with Miss Hope in hand!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
ceme24, it is from a deer. Pre-gun season fresh but I haven't heard of any big ones falling in the area. He just might still be lurking this valley.

I'm waiting on the right wind and work to slow down to get into some of my other spots.

This morning was one of those foggy/misty mornings I love but a small buck was the only visitor.

I will be back at it next week with a new plan and and hopefully a NW west wind. Maybe even some snow:D

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »
So far this weekend looks like more warm weather and rain but I have 3 days off and a change of tactics.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2012, 02:12:00 PM »
I'm hunting a spot that I haven't been all year and I'm hoping not many others have either.

I love this spot but it a pretty long drive and paddle. Right here the ridge necks down to nothing with a nice blow down in the middle.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »
It seems that rain has followed me around all year and today was no exception. I did find a nice dry place to have lunch though. I thought yotes would be using this but there were mostly deer tracks and droppings.

On the way out I was suprised by a super fresh rub line the length of this old log road.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #275 on: December 15, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
I had to head back for some honey-do's but I think I know where to be in the morning.

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #276 on: December 15, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
by the looks of it that's one nice place to hunt!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #277 on: December 16, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
Beautiful scenery. Hope is an adventurous lady as is Faith.

Keep the pics and updates coming  :)
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #278 on: December 16, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
Most action I had this morning was this stump that was asking for it.

I wish I could shoot this good all the time.  :readit:  

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #279 on: December 16, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
The rest of the day was spent picnicing and shooting bows with the family. Miss faith showed them how it was done.  :D  

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©