3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Intro: Hill Country's Miss Hope and Faith....(roster added on page 2)  (Read 7292 times)

Re: Intro: Hill Country's Miss Hope and Faith....(roster added on page 2)
« Reply #280 on: December 16, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »
Looks like you got "heart wood" on that there stump, Rob!

Good luck and keep after them.

Bisch

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #281 on: December 16, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »
That's great stuff right there Rob...keep on 'um!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #282 on: December 17, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »
Great pics, good luck!
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #283 on: December 17, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »
Great report Rob.
I'll be getting back out with Faith again this weekend and then a bunch next week.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #284 on: December 17, 2012, 11:34:00 PM »
Am enjoyin' your adventures Rob!

Thanks for sharin'!

Keep the wind in your face!

Shoot straight,Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #285 on: December 19, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
Will do Denny....just catching up on this one!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #286 on: December 20, 2012, 06:30:00 AM »
Rob, when I saw your name on this thread I started following. Looks like your having a good time anyway. Good luck!

Bona
>>>-------->
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #287 on: December 22, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »
Finally got some colder weather and a little snow. Hunted with a buddy this evening with no luck. I have the next 10 days off so I will be hunting hard to put another in the freezer. December has been tough to say the least but maybe this weather change will bring new hope to me and Hope.

This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #288 on: December 22, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »
10 days off sounds goooood.  :)

Go get'em!
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #289 on: December 26, 2012, 08:33:00 AM »
Had to take a hunting break for Christmas. What a wonderful time of year. Friends, Family, good food, and as of this morning a good SNOW! Which I love to hunt in. Hope to get some good pics of my last few days with Hope.

I did snap a pic of Hope presiding over some of the family feastivities. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #290 on: December 27, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »
Had a lone doe wind me at 30yds. this morning. Getting down to the wire but with the new snow I have a better idea where to be. Swirly wind and ground hunting is tough. Pretty morning though.

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #291 on: December 27, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
Well, with Christmas over, I was able to head over to our family property for the last few days of the month with Faith.
Got out today a little after daylight and hit the woods.
Weather hasn't been very cooperative the past several days.  Winds today are 10-15 mph constant with 25 mph gusts.  Not the best conditions for sure, but I've been waiting all month for this week to hunt with Faith.
We had a skiff of snow last night.  Very fine snow falling this morning.  Took a moment before I headed in the woods to snap a photo of Faith.

A lot of our place is an old strip mine that was reclaimed about 30 years ago.  Most of it was planted in white pines.  Here's a shot of the trail leading up one to the ridge directly behind my house.

Easing up the trail, I came across this.  I haven't hunted here since early bow season in October.  This wasn't there then.  Not a big tree, but this rub goes way up!

Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #292 on: December 27, 2012, 04:04:00 PM »
I've got 5 popups set on our place (91 acres).  Also have 3 ladder stands, but too much ice on everything to climb into one of the ladders.  This is the first popup I came to in this area.  Snow and ice has got it a bit lopsided, but still huntable.  My sights though, were set on making it to the next blind.

The next blind sits on the edge of a 12 acre hayfield.  We've got it positioned on a small finger that comes out into the field.  As I got closer to the blind, I could tell something was wrong...it was gone!
Looked around a bit and found it back in the pine patch on its top....LOL...wind has been horrible the past couple of weeks.  Guess those stakes didn't hold.  While I was standing there contemplating my next move, a doe eased into the field in what I call "the pocket".  Its the small corner to the left of the blind.  Maybe an acre in size.  Wind was good, but the ice underneath my boots wasn't.
She was 50 yards away and all I could do was hope she would pull back in the pines and come toward me.
After 20 minutes, she eased back into the treeline.  Then headed down over the lip back to the bedding area.
I eased over to the pocket and hastily set up infront of a large pine hoping she would come back.  Here's a look at "the pocket".

Just had to get a salute to my brothers and sisters at Tradgang.  Without you all, I'd still be lost in traditional archery, or worse, back to hunting with wheelie bows and crossbows.

Ken Adkins

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #293 on: December 27, 2012, 04:16:00 PM »
I sat on that edge for a couple of hours.  Nothing moving but the trees.  They were really rockin' from the wind.
I packed up and headed back to the first blind.  It is in a protected area from NW wind that was hammering us.
As I made my way back, took a moment to snap a photo of the area I had just come from.

Don't know if you can see it or not, but you can just make out my upside down popup in the left part toward the edge.  I'll have to reset it Sunday (no hunting on Sunday in Virginia).

I made my way back to the first blind and crawled in.  Much better!  I really hate hunting in the wind.

Now that was I set for a while, thought I would show you my view.  Next 3 photos are the left view, center view, and right view.

Faith was ready!

Ken Adkins

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #294 on: December 27, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »
I guess the wind just had most everything holding tight.  Only other animal I saw was a gray squirrel that climbed the diagonal limb you see in the picture of the view out the right side and sat there.  It spooked as I made a little too much noise changing my broadhead arrow for a blunt.  That diagonal limb is only about 7 yards from the window.
Time to head out of the stand and make my way home.  Took a moment for one last photo of me and faith.

I'll be back out tomorrow.  Will hit the other end of our property.

Thinking I may take Faith on a predator hunt Saturday rather than deer hunting.  Will depend on the weather.  If more snow and ice will hold off, I'll be able to make it to our lease. If not, we'll be right back here at the family place.
Ken Adkins

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #295 on: December 27, 2012, 05:15:00 PM »
Great pictures!  Looks like fine property you have there.  Good luck!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

« Reply #296 on: December 27, 2012, 11:36:00 PM »
Good luck, ken!

Bisch

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #297 on: December 28, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »
Finally seeing some deer here. A couple took this trail up the ridge. Moving to it for morning.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #298 on: December 28, 2012, 03:28:00 PM »
Thought I would share this. Found it during spring turkey scouting. Not sure what did it. Goes all the way around tree.

:dunno:

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #299 on: December 28, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
:campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©