3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kustom King Archery  (Read 498 times)

Offline Spitfire Htr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kustom King Archery
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 01:45:00 AM »
I've always had great customer service with KK. Never had a problem with purchasing or returning items bought from them.
Groves Mag II 66# @ 28",          Groves Mag II 55# @ 28",           Groves Magnum 44# @ 28"

Offline RkyMtn Joe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »
To the best of my knowledge I've never bought from KK because I buy from 3R which is not too far from my home.  HOWEVER, I do know that KK has been a long time supplier of quality traditional gear for many years and they should be commended and supported in return.

Thank goodness there are still companies like KK and 3R (among others) which cater to the oddballs like us trad guys.

Joe

Offline Green Mountain Boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »
I'm always impressed with the shipping speed!
That's why they call it hunting....

No Name 50# at 28" (maybe Ben Pearson)
'69 Bear Grizzly 40# at 28"
Great Plains Wolf Creek  50# at 28" one piece
Fruit of the Loom Size Large

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 02:03:00 PM »
I'll never know how good they are.

Several years ago after a few failed attempts at getting a catalogue, they finally told me that they didn't do business with Canadians.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline tex-archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
Another thumbs up for Kustom King!!!! Excellent people to do business with!!
Aim small, miss small!!

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
Solid company for sure!!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »
  Several years ago after a few failed attempts at getting a catalog, they finally told me that they didn't do business with Canadians.  
I've known Tim and Gobby over 30 years. I know their business practices as well as my own and I know for sure that they do business with Canadians.... You must have misunderstood.  

Tim sometimes is late getting his new catalogs out....as is the case this year, but their online catalog is available to anyone with a computer.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ken Taylor:
I'll never know how good they are.

Several years ago after a few failed attempts at getting a catalogue, they finally told me that they didn't do business with Canadians.
I can second Ron's sentiments....I know Tim and Gobby well. They do LOTS of business in Canada. I would bet a pack of Trailmaker broadheads that there is more to this story...  :rolleyes:
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »
Shipping gear  to Australia can be a real pain in the ass ... even more so when there is a problem , back order etc ...

Tim and Gabbby have been looking after me with no complaints whatsoever  for at least the last 10 years .

Great people to do business with ... and Gabby once helped me a huge bunch with something that wasn't even an order from them ... went out of her way to help me ...

Good people in my experience
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 02:28:00 PM »
Just to clear things up:

I am a very honest person and am not bad mouthing Kustom King. They seem like a great American archery supplier, that is why I contacted them in the first place.

Let me explain it again...

Several years ago, after trying to get a catalogue multiple times because they were the only ones to offer a left hand shooting glove, and seemed to have all kinds of other interesting stuff, I spoke to a woman on the telephone... she told me clearly, absolutely, in plain English, that she was sorry but they did not sell or ship to Canada.

I was disappointed but I figured that was their right. They might have changed their policy since then.

I have no reason to make this up and am being 100% truthful.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
I've had good and bad experiences with them. Nothing too horrendous, though. I'd say I'm indifferent. If they have something I need, I'll buy it. If I can get it elsewhere, I probably will.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »
 I spoke to a woman on the telephone... she told me clearly, absolutely, in plain English, that she was sorry but they did not sell or ship to Canada.  
They have had part time employes in the past that may have told you that not knowing it wasn't true. For a business owner to turn away business doesn't make any sense.    "[dntthnk]"
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2012, 07:44:00 AM »
I will be talking with Tim today.....I am going to ask him about this.

G. Fred Asbell

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »
I'm pretty frugal even by eastern Washington standards ("Fix it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.") And I get about two-thirds of my stuff at KK. I find they aren't quite as fast as 3R but they are usually but not always cheaper. When it comes to something like bows, strings and quivers, I'm less concerned about price and more concerned about performance, though, but on consumables and things like field points, I have a sharp pencil. I compare everybody on everything.
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
Ron and Roger... thank you.

Offline Pekka

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »
I live in Finland (Europe). Have ordered many times from Kustom Kings. They have fast shipping, helpful customer service and what most important they dont take any extra for shipping in Finland, only actual shipping cost.
And there always candy in the box  :)

Offline Chuck from Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2012, 04:48:00 PM »
I have bought lots of stuff from Kustom King over the years with no complaints.

Offline Richie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »
Kustom King Archery is awesome.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
I spoke with Tim at length today. To the best of his memory, he had a conversation with someone from Canada several years ago about shipping catalogs. He said that as a rule, they don't ship catalogs to Canada because of the expense. In the conversation that he had, he recalls asking the person (I'm not saying it was Mr Ken Taylor) to please call, or order online. He wondered today if that didn't get misunderstood to mean that he wouldn't ship to Canada.

They ship to Canada all the time. Nobody that works at KK would say "we don't ship to Canada"

I don't blame Tim for limiting his catalog shipments. They have a great website, and "paper" is heavy and expensive. Outfits like Kustom King are operating on razor thin profit margins. I apprecitae thier very existance, and don't mind them managing thier money at all.

G. Fred Asbell

Offline sledge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
well said, roger.

in obamerica, businesses shouldn't be concerned with costs or profits, though.

tim and gabby didn't build that business!

the oppressed poor built that business!

i vomit.

joe

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©