3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sorry Jim Neaves but I've got to do it! Please see pics of the NEW "CENTAUR" 2 pc  (Read 1245 times)

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
WOW   :eek:    :eek:    :thumbsup:  Beautiful bow Jake!  Jim hit another Grand Slam!
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
That's pretty damn impressive...
   :thumbsup:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Zradix:
That's pretty damn impressive...
    :thumbsup:  
I'll say...that Jim N. sure knows how to build a bow!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Online Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
real nice bow..asolutely beautiful..looks similar to a thunderhorn and old selway system for the TD
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
Jake, that's a very nice looking bow enjoy it.  Chad
May the spirit of archery always be with you,and keep you young at heart.  www.lostcreekbow-com.webs.com

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Jake beautiful bow,congrats.  :clapper:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
WOW! Stunning bow!
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Offline Maxx Black

• Trad Bowhunter
Jake ,you must be proud, Thank You for the photos, and Jim what a Great looking bow. Maxx
Kwyk Styk 58" 55x28
Cari-bow 62"54@28
Thunder child 56" 53@27
Bigfoot Sasquatch SS ILF 60"@55#@27"

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by ron w:
WOW that's kind'a neat.....Have I seen that style T/D system before someplace?       :thumbsup:            :thumbsup:        Nice......hows it shoot?
Ron, I know Thunderhorn has that type TD system not sure if anyone else does. If I were going to get one, I would go with this type system. Has to be SOLID.

Can you imagine holding this beauty you just finished and then sawing it in two pieces.     :eek:
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Tom Anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by COMBER:
The bow shoots awesome and with this takedown system other then the two bolts you almost can't tell it's a 2 pc. This TD system is the ultimate in strength and looks but it's very labor intensive and takes a true craftsman complete.
Actually, that takedown system doesn't look so complicated to me....and it looks like it could be used to "retrofit" almost any 1-pc. bow into a takedown bow, even a completely finished one.  It looks like a good system to me.
(formerly "NativeCraft")
Wilson, NC

"short skirts create less drag in the woods..." (Dave Worden)

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
What a bow!  I never considered Centaurs because I thought they didn't make take-downs.  If this bow shoots as well as it looks, I need one!
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
It's a beauty for sure.  Good Luck with it.  I thought it was a bit pricey but WOW, worth the $$.
ALDO
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted."
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
hey comber, do you happen to have another centaur at your house? I'd be interested to know the physical weight of this one compared to one without the dark matter...just how heavy is this dark matter stuff, is it noticible compared to one without?

Offline COMBER

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
PM Sent Larry. Go ahead and give Jim a call.
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
SWWEEET!
James Kerr

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Tom Anderson:

Originally posted by COMBER:
The bow shoots awesome and with this takedown system other then the two bolts you almost can't tell it's a 2 pc. This TD system is the ultimate in strength and looks but it's very labor intensive and takes a true craftsman complete.
Actually, that takedown system doesn't look so complicated to me....and it looks like it could be used to "retrofit" almost any 1-pc. bow into a takedown bow, even a completely finished one.  It looks like a good system to me. [/b]
Groves used to have one that cut through the riser the other way, perpendicular.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline COMBER

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
The way this two piece is cut gives it an unbelievable amount of shear strength. I've got a Thunderhorn two piece with the same type of TD system and it's by far my favorite. I had and seen problems with other takedown systems but I've never seen a problem with this system.
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline rick7

• Trad Bowhunter
now that is a real beauty  congrats

Offline Margly

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
This is a stunning bow!
With a healthy dose of madness and bad memory, life`s a wonderful journey      :thumbsup:    

-----------------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©