3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ever feel guilty?  (Read 856 times)

Offline Pon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ever feel guilty?
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Chromebuck:
  Those once in a lifetime opportunities are most often not a once in a lifetime opportunity.  ~CB
I need to write this down  :readit:
Treadway Black Forest 54" 53#@28

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »
To avoid the guilt, make a budget.  In the budget set aside amounts for both you and your wife for personal purchases.  That way, if you use the money you budgeted for, there's nothing to feel guilty for.  Make the decision on how much you can afford.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »
Nope, as long as the bills are paid and the wife gets her share all is well. I save for any trips I want to take or anything else I want to buy. If I have the money I do not feel guilty and if I do not have the money it don't get bought.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by Pon:
Ok money is one thing but what about time? Do you ever feel guilty?

My wife and I both work a lot lately to pay for the new house, weekends there is always something to do (and I don't mean fun things to do, fix this,go buy that,etc)so we don't spend a lot of time for ourselves as a couple, I do feel guilty when I say I want to spend the whole weekend hunting or use the few vacations days I have a year. She doesn't like hunting not even outdoors, so she can't come with me, she understand my hoby and doesn't make a big deal about it but still I do feel guilty sometimes.

on the money subject we are ok as I always rty to sell an old toy to afford a new one, last year I even sold one of my bows to pay for the wedding
Time wise yes, I only got out 10 days last year hunting every weekends choice was hunt, or either miss son's or daughters soccer games. So I took 6 days vacation during the week when they were in school to hunt.  

Sold a bow to fund the wedding!  Thats Love!.. or you didnt like that bow too much   :biglaugh:
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2012, 05:49:00 PM »
I never feel guilty.
Raised 2 daughters,1 son, and 2 grandsons and feel like I'm still raising them.
Have pretty much raised my 4 YO grandson since birth.
Still have to help kids financially due to the wonderful shape of the economy.

Have never told my wife she can't do something she wanted to do with the girls. Weekend trips, long trips, anything. I've actually allowed her to go, as I banked time for myself. Over the years I've built up a lot of "me" time. Even stayed home and worked/kept kids while she did her trips.

Do I feel guilty? NOPE..... and she understands.
If I have the money, I'll buy whatever I want. Don't have to talk it over with her.
If I don't have the money, I just don't think about buying things.
But Guilt never enters the picture.

Offline Ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2012, 06:46:00 AM »
I try to live by necessity and not by (want).
Some say im tighter then bark on a tree.
  Only guilty of the time I spend doing what I love and my wife reminds me of that often.I can't help that her interest are not the same as mine,but yes I feel guilt.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2012, 08:03:00 AM »
no
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Roy Steele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2012, 08:55:00 AM »
NO
 If your not happy for family suffers in the long run.As long as your familys not staveing or any major wants.Your the one takes care of them.
 I get what I want when I want.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
 20 YEARS LEARNING 20 YEARS DOING  20 YEARS TEACHING
  CROOKETARROW

Offline turkey65

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »
This time of my life,turned 71 this month,I don't worry about buying things,after sixty years of flinging arrows I have enough toys.When I was younger I always had a second job to help put extra money in budget and a little extra for hobbies,at one time payed for hunts by buying and selling archery equipment,sadly those days are gone with the introduction of the computer and ***** but it was a lot of fun.I just enjoy the remaining time hunting whenever I want.

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »
Way too much, so much that it's got to where it's causing me to not hunt and scout different areas as much as I should.

It drives me crazy to see the look in his eyes and to hear him yip and whine when I shut the door.

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by Pon:
Ok money is one thing but what about time? Do you ever feel guilty?

My wife and I both work a lot lately to pay for the new house, weekends there is always something to do (and I don't mean fun things to do, fix this,go buy that,etc)so we don't spend a lot of time for ourselves as a couple, I do feel guilty when I say I want to spend the whole weekend hunting or use the few vacations days I have a year. She doesn't like hunting not even outdoors, so she can't come with me, she understand my hoby and doesn't make a big deal about it but still I do feel guilty sometimes.

on the money subject we are ok as I always rty to sell an old toy to afford a new one, last year I even sold one of my bows to pay for the wedding
Pon,

Making a home together is quality time and quite possibly the best thing you will ever do together. Enjoy it while it lasts.

As for the guilt? No guilt here just common sense and old fashioned restraint. When you have a home to pay for and kids to feed and educate you just do what makes sense. I have 7 bows, 2 I've had since the 70's bought used. One longbow was a gift from my father, the rest I bought new as I could afford them and only 2 of them are in what I would call the expensive range. To me 800.00 is extravagant so I'll never have more than the 2, a long bow and a recurve. But like Jeff, lately I've been closely examining my need for things and thinking I don't need all of this stuff and I'm now thinking of simplifying things and not just the archery equipment. It just makes sense to let go and sell or gift any equipment you no longer use. Our egos drive us to varying degrees and it shows in the number and quality of the things we purchase. Some won't pay any attention to this because they don't see it yet. It has taken me 55 years to see it.

Duncan
Member NCBA

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2012, 10:38:00 AM »
I have raised 5 boys on a budget! I'm a probably the most frugal person out there. I have bought 2 bows in the last 20 years, I haven't bought any arrows in about 7 years. I have been shooting the same broadheads for close to 20 years  Those carbons just keep on going. Family comes first for me and I make do with the equipment I have or replace it with stuff I make myself. The deer don't seem to mind! My wife like RC's pays the bills and gives me an allowance. I would rather squirrel it away towards future hunts then spend it on prettier equipment!
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline moththerlode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
No I don't feel guilty .. kids are gone and the wife is far from deprived. In fact I have to import kids into the house in the form of exchange students just to keep the wife busy.
But then I don't just blow money either. Although I admit I've gotten a little carried away at times.
God,Country and Family ..Semper Fi

Valley Springs Ca.

Offline Jeff Roark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2012, 04:07:00 PM »
Well fellas, I feel happy with my choice. I got that simple old clamp on kwikee kwiver and it works like a charm. Glad I made that choice. Can't feel too guilty spending $15 for a quiver.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©