3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What a GREAT ladder stand for Traditional bowhunters  (Read 195 times)

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
What a GREAT ladder stand for Traditional bowhunters
« on: July 20, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
As I get older the more I dont want to hassle with hang on stands. The trouble was that I could not find one with the platform big enough where it was comfortable for me to shoot out of.

That was until today. I saw this one and knew it would work, and boy is it comfortable!! The seat folds up and out of the way when the moument of truth comes allowing you to utalize the FULL size of the wonderful platform.I just had to share it with you all. The only down side it is heavy and is will probably require 2 people to set up. I left off the gun rail, I don't need it and it really opens it up nicley

"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What a GREAT ladder stand for Traditional bowhunters
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »
I bought a couple of those last year in the one man model..........I love e'm.
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
They have a 1 man? I didnt know that.

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 03:54:00 PM »
I have a four or five like that now in a one man model. i too dislike hanging portables at my age.

slowly converting all my stands to ladders. have to spread out the expense!! you will love hunting out of them just dont get too comfy and sleep while hte deer dance by!
Make a life, not a living

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »
Yep,  great deal
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline mountain lion

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
I would like to get one for when I take my wife or children huntin with me.
Wild Horse Creek  kestrel 60" 56#@28
Black Widow KB X 58" 51@28"
Black Widow PSA lll 60" 52@28"

" Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail " Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »
I will have to look at these. I usually weld my own but as much as I love to weld, I am getting tired of doing that. My knees are to bad to climb trees and do the hang on stands anymore.

Offline BrianfromTulsa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 11:34:00 PM »
Ive switched to all ladder stands myself. Got three of those doubles and I love em.  Older and wiser?.... maybe.  More quiet and comfortable?... DEFINATELY

Offline Ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 06:05:00 AM »
Big enough to lay down and take a nap - perfect.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 06:49:00 AM »
I have a double set up for me and my daughter to hunt from. I like them alot and enjoy the extra room when hunting alone. It takes a bit of thinking and work to get them up and brushed in but it is nice once it is done.
Check out this thread and remember to check you equipment. No stand is fool proof.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=118369;p=4
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by Two Tracks:
I have a double set up for me and my daughter to hunt from. I like them alot and enjoy the extra room when hunting alone. It takes a bit of thinking and work to get them up and brushed in but it is nice once it is done.
Check out this thread and remember to check you equipment. No stand is fool proof.

It's ironic that you posted that, I always put a new ratchet strap in addition to the ones that come with any stands, "just Incase". I like the added security. I do that on all the stands including hang on and the sticks to climb. Thanks for posting that, it's always good to have a reminder   ;)

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »
Originally posted by frassettor:

Originally posted by Two Tracks:

It's ironic that you posted that, I always put a new ratchet strap in addition to the ones that come with any stands, "just Incase". I like the added security. I do that on all the stands including hang on and the sticks to climb. Thanks for posting that, it's always good to have a reminder     ;)   [/b]
I ALWAYS put a chain with a turnbuckle on mine.  Never trusted those straps that come with those stands.  Never had it happen, but all I think about with those things is a squirrel chewing it and it failing.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »
Love the ladder stands.
Have found some that were cheap because people felt they were to heavy and yo much work to put up.
Very nice once up.
Great for the Big boys also.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 09:20:00 AM »
I have been using straps for 20 years. My hang ons and climbing sticks have a minimum of 6-7 to get up about 16". More if needed.
 I take "pretty good" care of them,but they see a minimum of 100 days of weather each year.

I was pretty surprised to see that stand buckle in the above thread and thought more people should see it. We can't be to cautious.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline muley40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 09:26:00 AM »
I have 11 of the Rivers Edge single stands that I use on my land, you can`t beat them for price when they are on sale at Mills Fleet Farm in Mason City, IA,
Independent Bow Hunter

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©