3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sasquatch Appreciation Page  (Read 311 times)

Offline Atennishu

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sasquatch Appreciation Page
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »

The only bad thing I can say about this bow is that I dont have 2 of them......   It gets shot almost every evening , I am ready for Oct. to get here,,,,
Boomer Sooner

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by Atennishu:
The only bad thing I can say about this bow is that I dont have 2 of them......
Truth be told, you almost didn't get a shot at that one! As soon as I heard it would be going up for sale I called Kirk to talk about it's long draw capability. We went through it's ins and outs and I slowly accepted the fact I wouldn't be able to shoot it like I do my zebra bow.

I got a lot of example pics and some unclaimed block pics from Kirk as we were planning my bow out, I often wondered who got this bow and what it ended up looking like:

Anybody know?
Thom

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 07:43:00 PM »
The "Ugly Duckling " with her stocking off. Just cant say enough good things about this one.  This is the best looking and best shooting Sasquatch out there!!!    LOL

"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »
those flush limb bolts with the black "shield" on black just plain look classy man.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 11:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by Zradix:
those flush limb bolts with the black "shield" on black just plain look classy man.
Very much agreed!     :thumbsup:  

I had my Sas at the range tonight, freaking scary awesome bow! I'm almost to 6,000 shots on it and I'm still running that same string and side plate from the end of the "blocks to bows" thread! I'll put her back on the chrono after 10k arrows. I'm guessing she still has every FPS she did the day I pulled her out of the box!
Thom

Offline iohkus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 11:59:00 PM »
Will we ever get to see under the "censored" ?
Hmmmmm. I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm
not sure that what you heard is what I actually meant!

Offline iohkus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
Thought I'd add this one ..................didn't order anything fancy but she really shoots. The "I-beam" is a little different, don't know if Kirk will continue to use it or not.

Offline iohkus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »

Offline iohkus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »

Offline LYONEL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, 05:58:00 AM »
There's nothing plain about her, I really like the finger grooves.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
Iohkus,

Kirk offered me that swirly G-10 but I'm more of a wood guy being raised by a cabinet maker to appreciate natural wood grain, burl and swirl.

I got my custom gripped Sas last week and had a thread up on PW for it...

Here are some of the pics of that one: Waterfall (snake fight) bubinga sandwiched between gorgeous bocote...bocote veneers on the back side of limb and bubinga waterfall on the belly... XX carbon and foam core under the very thin veneers.

Kirk spent a lot of time reviewing videos of my shooting 3 different risers from 4 angles, stills and hand tracings.  He nailed it.  

Here's the link to that thread, and how Kirk dissected my shooting form to build a grip that doesn't FIGHT me, if interested:
 http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=119765
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline iohkus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
Been following the above thread Dave. I always follow any Big Foot thread. Glad it shoots so well for you. Since posting about mine I've changed the set-up a little. I'm now using a six strand SBD, Beman carbons with 145 gr. points, 50 gr. inserts for a 443 gr. arrow, and at 45# at my 26" draw she's shooting lazer beams.  :archer2:

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »
William,

I'm still putzing around with strings and getting nock fit and brace right... but oh, my...

I'm anxious to get thru the drivel with strings and get this bad boy put through the paces and arrows tuned to it...

It is such a different performance and "feel" that I don't really know what to expect as to what arrows will suit me best.

I got a new tuning process sent to me that Troy Breeding published...

Could be fun...

I find it so interesting that Kirk milks the most out of each bow at the exact draw you require...give or take an inch or so I think he said... so if you change style, you're still in the groove.

I'm lousy on true back tension, due to some arthritic stuff, but I can tell you, just shooting in strings and such...those muscles between my shoulders know they been working!

And yet, these limbs do NOT feel as heavy as bows marked LIGHTER than this! Amazing! Looks and some "Zoom-zoom!" Hehehehe   :jumper:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©