3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2012 Compton's question /help me find a truck decal  (Read 326 times)

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
2012 Compton's question /help me find a truck decal
« on: July 20, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
Due to last minute family issues, I missed the Comptons Rendezvous (MI) again this year.

Years ago I bought a very large decal for my truck windshield, almost positively at Compton's.

Anybody that was there. . . . was there a dealer of decals present this year ?

Do you know who it was and how I can reach them ?
   :pray:  
ChuckC

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2012 Compton's question /help me find a truck decal
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »
Ryan Steadman from  www.hardcorearchery.com  was there with some great decals and shirts.  He is a sponsor here...
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »
Thank you
ChuckC

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
I am getting a new truck (finally) and I want a new decal, just like on the old truck.

It is a white vinyl decal that goes very nearly all the way across the top of my windshield.  It is a stylized (old time, stone head)arrow and the words "Traditional Bowhunter".

Anyone seen these ?
ChuckC

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 11:07:00 PM »
I don't know if that is one of Ryan's or not, but he sure does have some great decals!  Even if ryan doesn't have that particular one, I'll bet he's got something that you'd like.  A new truck deserves a new style decal anyway!  :D
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 07:33:00 AM »
That decal came from a gentlemen that lives in Michigan and used to go to all the shoots around here.  I believe he has gone out of business.  I have searched all over for a year and a half now for that very same sticker and cannot find it anywhere.  Maybe Ryan S. will see this thread and make some for us?    :pray:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 08:07:00 AM »
Whip  I hear ya.  But I SO like that one.  Makes me feel good whenever I see it.

Tim   let's cross our fingers.

ChuckC

Offline JPE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 10:32:00 AM »
Chuck    Email sent    Jim Pyles

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »
I'm not a decal/ bumper sticker guy, but I have been looking for a smaller decal for my back pickup glass that tells interest parties that I'm a traditional bowhunter.

Coming home across Kansas last year, a truck passed me that was obviously coming home from a Colorado elk hunt, and it had a trad decal that caught my eye and made me smile in camaraderie.  Almost chased them down to wave and give a thumb's up, but did want to look like a stalker at 70 mph!

Been looking at Hardcorearchery's choices and searching the web, but can't find what I am looking for, either.  If anyone has other interesting sources, please let me know.

Good luck in your search...
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
First off that one is not mine. It looks good though. However I was informed and told in ID that I could not in any way sell a decal that said "Traditional Bowhunter" As it is trademarked and can't be reproduced on shirts, decals or in print. Kind of a bummer, but that's the way it is. Hawkeye, if I don't have something you like, email with what you want. I charge $20 for a custom decal, I don't think you'll find anyone chaeper, and I'll make sure it's what you want.

Ryan
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 12:38:00 PM »
Chuck, that decal came from Pete Kocefas of Frederic, MI. I had the same one on my truck. I don't know if he still sells decals and shirts. He owns Sledheads snowmobile shop in Frederic and is a realator in Grayling. You could look him up and ask. Good luck. Jim

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by steadman:
I was informed and told in ID that I could not in any way sell a decal that said "Traditional Bowhunter" As it is trademarked and can't be reproduced on shirts, decals or in print. Kind of a bummer, but that's the way it is.

Ryan
Ryan,

That's really unfortunate, in my eyes, but I understand it is how business works, these days.  If the word "Magazine" was included, I could certainly understand why no one would be allowed to use it, but it bothers me when a common, generic phrase is prohibited from use by a copyright or trademark. But, as you say, "that's the way it is."

I guess there is always the phrase "Traditional Hunting Archer!"....   :rolleyes:   (Hey maybe we should copyright that...)   :saywhat:  

I will be in touch about a decal.  Thank you!
Daryl Harding

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 02:12:00 PM »
Ryan. . . OK  What phrase can we make that says the same thing. .  but different ?  Can we do the same arrow ?  I am guessing others might like it too.  I do not normally like big stuff all over my truck, however that arrow / phrase made me proud and said a bunch.

How about

"Old Style bowhunter" (Course, the beer maker may object).

"Natural Bowhunter"  

"Bowhunting with Tradition"

"Bowhunting the old way"

I kinda like the last one.

Hawkeye,  Jim  thanks for the info

I gotta get a replacement if I can't have another of the same.

ChuckC

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
How 'bout "Traditional Bowhunters"....hmmmm

Does that pertain to one offs or custom orders?  Or only to something you would mass produce?

I wonder if you could fight that one without too much $$ involved.  Not sure someone could legally trademark something like "Baseball player" or "Football Player"....or even "Deer Hunter" for that matter.  OR..I could be wrong.  

Might be worth a couple phone calls.
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
How about Traditional Stickhunter?

Offline JIM FRANK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
Why not just ask TJ if you can use it as long as magazine is not in the same sentence? He got the phrase from somewhere.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 07:55:00 PM »
I was actually told by one of the higher ups of the magazine. I in no way want to start any controversy on this. I have no problem in not doing this. I'm sure we can think of something different. There are some good ideas for sure. I can do the arrow  :)
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
Ryan, I understand about not wanting to cause controversy. It's a good idea.  I just don't understand why they would not want to put such a great representation of the sport on as many windows, etc. as possible. It seems it would do nothing  but help spread the word, represent a great tradition and by bringing about interest in those that have not been exposed even help sell magazines.  
Maybe you could make their decals!  

Just sounds unfortunate that such a generic, descriptive phrase should be off limits!
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Online Gib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 08:37:00 AM »
hello chuck ,i sent you a p.m. thanks gib

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 08:55:00 AM »
Longbow spoken here or recurve spoken here.

I am working on one in a local place to experien on.  My guy does road signs so whwn i get it and the art work down Ryan will get a call.  His decals are great and he takes the time to explain how to get them on to stay
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©