3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why the constant bow buying?  (Read 645 times)

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why the constant bow buying?
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »
I've gotten it bad the past year.  For my 1st 5 years in trad shooting I had 2 longbows.  Swore I'd never own a recurve....ummhummm....well, now, I own 5 recurves and also another longbow.
Each is a different character and each has its pros and cons.
I've not found the perfect one yet....That's why I keep looking...LOL
The one little thing that slows my search down is money.
Ken
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
Ken, how do you like the2011 superK? I've got an 80s superK on the way to my door
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by Killdeer:
Ever go into a Baskin Robbins and see a flavor that you haven't tried, that has your favorite stuff in it?

Killdeer    :bigsmyl:  
well said!!!!!   :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:

Offline yaderehey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »
Your topic title scared me!  That's what my wife keeps asking me.

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »
Brian,
PM sent
Ken
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline Thare1774

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 01:20:00 AM »
I look at it this way, I work my ass off, go to school full time, pay the bills, take care of my wife, I don't drink or go to bars, all I do for fun is archery related. Therefore it is worth the money I spend to make shooting everyday the best experience it can be. It is less of an addiction and more of an extreme passion that I pursue to the fullest because its what I love.

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 01:20:00 AM »
Cause I love bows.  :help:
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 02:42:00 AM »
IDK!!!  Im into compounds as well and I dont get that extreme want to buy urge like I do with trad bows.  Since really getting into trad archery last year I owned  omega grey wolf hybrid, beeler tracker, hunterbow, bear kodiak, bear polar, two track ambush for a little, titan with tt carbon/ wood and dryads and a omega archery hybrid (replaced the grey wolf).  Dont have the beeler or ambush anymore.

Right now I dont need any other bows. But I really want a bama hunter, hitman 3 piece, samick BF extreme limbs and nice wood ILF riser.

Dont know what it is but when I get that itch I want to scratch it bad
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 06:24:00 AM »
While you guys are wasting your time on the powow I'm going over to the classifieds.You have to be quick over there   :bigsmyl:

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »
The way I figure it... "Who ever dies with the most toys, wins!"   :archer2:  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Tracks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
I only have one bow so I guess my perspective is an outside one... but it seems to me that a lot of people have more money than free time. In our high-paced society, its easier to get online and shop than it is to get outside and enjoy oneself.

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by Thare1774:
I look at it this way, I work my ass off, go to school full time, pay the bills, take care of my wife, I don't drink or go to bars, all I do for fun is archery related. Therefore it is worth the money I spend to make shooting everyday the best experience it can be. It is less of an addiction and more of an extreme passion that I pursue to the fullest because its what I love.
I thought I typed that. I too am trying to finish a BS while working , family, church, . Archery is my way of leavIng the world behind.

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tracks:
I only have one bow so I guess my perspective is an outside one... but it seems to me that a lot of people have more money than free time. In our high-paced society, its easier to get online and shop than it is to get outside and enjoy oneself.
There is alot of truth to that statement!!!! I can not get out near as much as I'd like due to life, but I can jump online ( my phone) and read about others fun while I am tied up one way or another

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
Tracks caught a piece of me there!
I know that I can't do a lot of stuff that I would like to. I don't have time, and now when I have had the time, I have not been physically able to do it.

I wish I were out in the woods right now. I can't be there, because of medical appointments and stuff. I am now depressed, which is anger or frustration without an outlet. I tend to shop when depressed because it gives me a chance to fantasize and an action which allows me to exercise a bit of power.

So, I peruse the classifieds, research new tents, check out the in stock CariBows. The only thing keeping me from buying a used Old Town canoe for a hunnered-fitty is the lack of a place to stash it.

I see and understand this in me, and sometimes keep it in check. If I keep out of Kalamazoo.    :scared:  

But a bow takes up far less room than a canoe.
Here is an honest self-assessment of motivation and behavior, and I realize that one size does not fit all.

The other factor is that when I hear about or see a bow that has features that tweak my interest, I want to try it. As it is unlikely that someone nearby has one in my specs, I need (I am reminded here of my sister's economics teacher saying that one does not NEED anything) to buy one so that I might experience it. I work very hard for my money, have no children and if I am depriving anybody, it is my older self in my declining years. Until they get here, I want to build wonderful memories to sustain me.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
Killdeer is right....If you see or hear about a bow you just have to see what all the talk is about. It's happened twice to me now.....once with a Chad Holm bow and once with a Zipper. I now have 3 Holm-Made and 2 Zippers with multiple limbs. I also have a soft spot for the Hill or Hill style bows, only have one of them at this time! Oh yea once with a Silvertip,........just so many nice bows out there!    :dunno:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by Tracks:
Bam! spot on I'm stuck on my duff computer phone jockeying for 9 to 10 hrs of the day with a hour commute time.  To shoot more than 12 yards I have to drive 20 minutes 1 way, to hunt I have to drive over a hour one way.  I've got kids under 11 with sports galore which eats time.  Its funny I think if I just had 1 or 2 bows I probably would shoot a heck of a lot better than the revolving door!  Ban me from the classifieds!  Well after I find he ONE!  :biglaugh:
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline yankeevol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 01:20:00 PM »
This is one of the reasons I wander the smokey mountains with a bamboo fly rod in my hand whenever I get the chance during the off season - it fills the void between autumns and takes my mind off shopping for bows and fills it with "hunting" for native trout.

Offline Cochise

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
My story is a simple one..i went from being a man with one bow who chased many women to a man with one woman who chases many bows.
Over all the cost is going to be the same..
And as a bonus I've never had a bow show up at my house at three in the morning, half drunk, screaming obscenties.
Cochise

Offline Trinity Outfitters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
I consider it a healthy addiction  :)   And when you buy/trade used bows, you never really lose value.  They hold their value better than every other asset class these days!
"I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."  John 10:10

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ray:
While you guys are wasting your time on the powow I'm going over to the classifieds.You have to be quick over there    :bigsmyl:  
LOL!!!   :biglaugh:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©